Really needs TRAINING

I and my neighbors heard a firearm being discharged within our residential area. My wife started receiving phone call after phone call asking what’s going on. My wife called the Sheriff to report the shots. I spotted the persons down the road with a high powered semi rifle, I say semi because of the number of rapid shots. I also saw they were having a children’s party going on, bounce house set up in yard. Watched as 3 or 4 males firing round after round between the house and separated garage as little children ran around playing just feet away.
My thoughts are, here’s some people that could use some thorough training. Or some visits to a good psychologist.

1 Like

Yeah, no kidding. Lower life forms?

4 Likes

Surely, the adults were sober?

1 Like

@Alexander8 - I have no idea if they were sober. But I know between them all they only had 1% of a brain.

2 Likes

@techs - sorry for the typo, suppose to be Psychology not Phychology. It’s corrected.

1 Like

Some people just don’t have common sense, wait 'til NEW YEARS, might happen again. As far as Training, probably not the type to care to do so. Be safe!

5 Likes

Oh — pulled the plug on the only light thing I could think to say about a heavy situation. I hope the neighbors get appropriate visits to whatever will serve to protect the neighborhood and the kids. :frowning_face:

3 Likes

Sounds more like they need a visit from the local cops.

5 Likes

And spend some time separated from society in jail.

1 Like

What was the sheriff’s response?

2 Likes

Deputy came about 25 minutes after phone call. Deputy said he rode by problem house and saw knowone outside, could see many chairs and bounce house. Deputy then told me he couldn’t do anything because he personally has to catch them in the act. Frustrated I said ok and bid him goodbye.
My biggest worry is for the children who were so close by to the uncaring adults discharging a firearm and the homes around the area.
I’m very worried about these persons who were doing this, what else might they by willing to do?

2 Likes

Didnt even stop to talk to them? Sigh… not going to help with your frustration, but until someone gets hurt, no action from LE.

3 Likes

@Alexander8 - CORRECT.

Would video or audio evidence be enough to at least initiate contact with the homeowner?
That’s frustrating.

1 Like

Everybody’s too busy until somebody blows up, I guess.

While there’s obviously nothing for the deputy to intervene or interrupt if the behavior is not occurring, it is not particularly unusual for a citizen complaint/report to be followed by making a report, taking witness statements, or accepting formal citizen complaints for possible additional action. At least not around here.

If people are too intimidated or unwilling to sign statement or complaint, it’s hard to know what LE can accomplish depending on local statute and violations reported.

Bummer if the only action was, “I don’ see no shootin’. Buh-bye.” :see_no_evil: :star: :hear_no_evil:

3 Likes

@BeanCounter - I’ve taken photos in the past to show officers and was told they could not use them because they could have been doctored, Photoshopped.
I have security cameras all around the outside of my house and out building and at times the Sheriff department deputies would ask if I possibly caught something on them that would help ID a stolen vehicle or robbery suspects. Yes, 3 times my videos have been used, twice by sheriff department and once by Florida Highway Patrol.
Comes down to Officer Discretion at the time, not Statue or Law.

1 Like

@techs - There’s mostly elderly couples/retirees around here and they are afraid of retaliation if they complain or call sheriff. Yes, there has been retaliation in the past, matter of fact my wife and I were retaliated against just last night because of calling the Sheriff Department. Side by Sides, ATV’S driving past our house after dark shining bright spotlights at house.
I just let them waste their gas and it ended after a time. I feel they got bored because I wouldn’t give them a reaction.

3 Likes

I thought they only happen in movies :roll_eyes:

Be careful out there.

1 Like

That’s your proverbial “Florida Man”. There are some here, no good way to keep them from ruining the neighborhood.

2 Likes

I’m really thinking of writing a script. The Rock can play me. :crazy_face:
Not funny really, we are living it.

2 Likes