Really! It's NOT a toy!

Florida man again in the news. Playing with his gun, and showing off, then shoots himself.
He forgot two of the most important rules: 1. It is NOT a GD TOY! and 2. IT IS ALWAYS LOADED.
I have a pretty cool looking gun, and it goes everywhere with me. But, other than myself, the only people that have seen my sidearm are the folks here that read the new gun thread, the people at my local gun store/range where I bought it, and my roommate that sees me carry it at home. I treat it with great respect, as it is a tool designed to kill. I donā€™t ā€˜playā€™ with it, donā€™t show it off, and sure as hell donā€™t try fancy ā€˜tricksā€™. After all, itā€™s not a toy. Of course, I donā€™t drink booze either, that may be part of it.

5 Likes

This is all I have to say about that.

5 Likes

Once again, ā€œFlorida manā€ makes the rest of us look badā€¦

3 Likes

Yeah, sadly, thatā€™s about right.

2 Likes

This guy really did the wrong thing with his gun, let this be a learning experience for us all. You donā€™t play with loaded guns every when empty ones because one day it may be loaded and then you may have and accident. You may want to think about where the bullet may go, in you, through a wall and hit someone else, as we all know when firing a gun we need to be aware of the path of the bullet and what it might hit after it goes through the target. Thatā€™s why all of my firearms are loaded with hollow points hits with a punch but expands in the target and very rarely goes through the target,but even so you donā€™t play with your gun. You train with it.

2 Likes

Darwin at work. At least he shot himself, not a bystander. :grinning:

But that kind of stupidity makes all gun owners look bad.

2 Likes