Range Day Loadout

Had a guy in yesterday that was looking for 9.3x74r :eyes: needless to say, we don’t have it lol

What I take depends on where I go. If I go to the indoor range, I’ll take:

• Walker silencer 2.0 earbuds, walker razor patriot as backup. Can of foam plugs just in case.
  • Small tool kit
  • Maglula
  • Ammo
  • Small zippy pouch for brass
  • Extra set of cr123 and 2032 batteries
  • Ifak
  • Extra set of eyes
  • Multi tool
  • Flashlight
  • A knife and backup
  • Marker
  • Oil
  • Targets if I didn’t forget to print more :man_shrugging:t3:
    *Gloves
1 Like

Warms my heart to see most of the replies include an IFAK and Firts Aid supplies :+1::+1:

2 Likes

Now if more people would carry them and not just in the car or the range bag (myself included)

One step at a time eh

When I don’t have an IFAK on me I have a 4-6” folding knife on me. With that I can make a tourniquet and/or compression bandage out of several pieces of clothing in about the same time (sometimes faster) than it takes to deploy a real tourniquet. Useful training…

3 Likes

Pistol bag:
IFAK / trauma kit
2x ear pro
Safety glasses (SSP bifocals)
Spare safety glasses that fit over my cheaters
Mechanic gloves
Multi tool
12x clothes pins
Maglula
Ammo and magazines
Printed paper targets

Splatterburst targets
8" round
12x18 silhouette

Rifle bag:
Disposable ear pro
Spare safety glasses
Ammo, & magazines
Monocular
9mm magazine loader
12x clothes pins

Target stand

Additional eye & ear pro if I invite someone.

EDC:
Pen light
Multi tool
Pocket knife

2 Likes

Great posts and advice by all.

• Baseball cap (as those hot spent shells can be bothersome, the visor helps me focus)
  • Small note book pad and pen
  • Spare cleaning rod(s) and plastic jig head peace which fit/screw on rod tip, in case I need it to help clear a stubborn stuck casing
  • Bright colored towel(s) to lay on the shooting bench
  • Thermos of ice-cold water
  • Fresh chewing gum, helps reduce ear pain from wearing earmuffs

Finally gonna start using glove on dominant hand (to prevent blisters, slide bite, grip bite); just gotta cut the finger tips off so I can handle small items like the ammo.

Trying to get more in the habit of brining my locks, lock/cases, and bright colored empty chamber indicator flags (USCCA’s store sells some).

Initially I had held off trying electronic earmuffs, they have become much more affordable.

I hadn’t realized they allow you to hear people and safety officer speaking, but reduce gunshot sound only, pretty amazing technology.

Happy Birthday @Marrio

1 Like

Both wife and I are shooters and I’m an instructor so I have a pile of good electronic muffs that I rotate and lend to students that show up with passive muffs when I train because I can’t yell for 3-4 hours straight.

Watch Walkers on MidwayUSA.com, they have crazy sales at times. I’ve bought 3 pairs of Ultimate Quads BT (Bluetooth) for $79 and MSRP is over $200. I also bought my Walker Silencers 2.0 for over $100 under MSRP from them on sale too. Blue tooth is nice. Pairs with iPhone so I can listen to music and take calls while I shoot/train.

BTW, you don’t have to spend a pile of money. I also bought a noname USB rechargeable set from Amazon for $26 to try them out as loaners. 3 years of students and they are still going strong.

3 Likes

Thanks @Scott52! It’s a birthday.

1 Like

Thanks @Karacal!

1 Like

My range bag is pretty overloaded. It has most of the things most of the people have listed here. I don’t have an individual IFAK kit but one pocket of my range bag has trauma supplies in it (compression bandage, tourniquet, vented chest seal) and since I usually shoot at gravel pits I am right next to my vehicle with additional first aid supplies.

One thing I haven’t seen mentioned is a rangefinder. Mine is a 7 power so doubles as a monocular though I also have binoculars in the vehicle and occasionally take my 20-60 scope if I’m practicing with a rifle.

1 Like

I have more of a range truck🤣
Two range bags with everything we will need to be out on the BLM, several steel reactive target setups, MyMedic pack always.

2 Likes

I guess you could say I paid a pile. I got 3 sets of eye and ear pro free from the USCCA, 3 range bags, 1 medical pouch, 3 cleaning kits plus varied clothing with the USCCA brand all for free except they will recoup their $$ and more with my 3 memberships.

But I’ve met people here in the community that I call friend and one member in IRL. So, peace of mind and some friends. I think I won on this transaction.

Strange as it sounds, this is the only social media I use.

4 Likes

My trauma kit is always attached to my range bag. Not the only one I have but this one is the one I use anytime I am shooting.

7 Likes

Very similar looking to mine :us:

2 Likes

I like that range bag. I have a slightly smaller backpack version of it.

3 Likes

Aside from the guns and ammo I want to shoot,

• first aid kit
  • ear pro x2
  • gloves
  • staplegun and staples
  • binoculars
  • range finder
  • yardage markers (cones basically)
  • chamber flags
  • tools (leatherman, something to clear the barrel with, torque driver)
  • Sharpies
  • Battle belt and OWB holster
  • Chest Rig
  • Targets
  • Target stands
  • Maglula for 9mm
  • water
  • coffee
2 Likes

This is great, I’m going to send it to my sister who has lived in Florida forever and where the mosquito is the state bird.

1 Like