Question

I know that in Mississippi, because my son lives there, they will issue a “standard” permit without any training. With training you can get an “enhanced” permit that allows you to carry in many additional places that those with a standard permit cannot.

3 Likes

@USCCA, maybe a revised topic title here? Question: What is EHCP?

3 Likes

This is what EHCP stands for.

3 Likes

Thank you for your response, You all were so helpful. I greatly appreciated it. From my understanding of this extra class for people with a standard concealed carry permit, it would open up other areas that we would be able to CC that as of now we cannot carry there.
Am I correct?

3 Likes

That is the case in MS. Could be that it has different meaning in other states that offer such licenses, that I don’t know. I only know about MS because my son lives there and has the enhanced license. GA, where I live, does not offer enhanced licenses.

3 Likes

Tennessee here.

4 Likes

Welcome to the family brother @SkynetJoe and you are in the right place at the right time.

2 Likes

Thank you.

2 Likes

I live in Tennessee also, if you enjoy traveling get the enhanced lifetime if able, especially if you are ex military.

3 Likes

I have the lifetime now but not the ECCP

2 Likes

If I was you I would change it to ECHP if you travel because some states only honor it. I just checked into it and it’s only 2 states require the ECHP but you also have a few more places you are able to carry with the ECHP.

3 Likes

What dose it
Mean? I will check

3 Likes

Hi SkynetJoe. I see you’re already finding some helpful resources from the community. Nice. I recently stumbled upon this blog linked below as well. I attached a state of TN link. Definitely please look into what Lu-Can shared.

From my neck of the woods, for those who were not in the military, popular states we applied for CCL Permits in included AZ, UT, & FL (that’s for their broader reciprocities, if we travel per se).

Blog:

TN:
https://www.tn.gov/safety/tnhp/handgun/permittypes.html

Welcome!

3 Likes

Hello how is everyone today I have a question more of a scenario I have my c c l license for the state of Illinois to carry but I am going to Florida with my family members and I was wondering if there are any non-lethal options that are of course legal for the state of Florida any helpful suggestions would be greatly appreciated

3 Likes

Everette1,

I imagine mostly those currently residing in FL, might be able to refer you to a source. Perhaps look up Florida statutes, and those of the city you’d primarily be in. Maybe start a brand new thread mentioning your question inside the title? IDK friend.

In another thread herein, titled Driving To Mexico, a few posted some alternative self-defense tools:

Safe travels.

3 Likes

That’s a good one. Try : ask a attorney Mike BKY : on this community website.
He is a member of USCCA. ( find him in legal and political topic section ).
Let use know. Good luck. :us::us::us:

3 Likes

Thank you I think I will just take some pepper spray

2 Likes

Having lived in Mississippi 7 years up to 2018, I would add that they now have constitutional carry so the enhanced permit is more like a regular permit now in a sense. However, yes you are correct the enhanced permit does allow the holder to carry in the places not covered by a regular permit.

3 Likes

recently saw a claim that WD40 sprayed on the wasp area makes em leave???

no idea if it works or not… something about both the smell and the texture???

3 Likes

Happy anniversary @OldDude49 :+1::+1:

2 Likes