Question for the regulars

Welcome

5 Likes

Welcome to the family brother @Michael804 and God bless you.

3 Likes

Hello and welcome @Michael804

2 Likes

Just about every time I leave the house. Bought safes for the vehicles for when I can’t carry somewhere. At home there is usually a weapon within a few feet of wherever I’m at.

7 Likes

If my pants are on, my sidearm is on!
If my pants are off I’m less than 2 seconds from a firearm! Small house!

12 Likes

I carried a 1911 cock ed and locked for many many years when I was younger. I carry one now but seldom. Also have to remember there is a grip safety on 1911s with the exception of maybe some smaller micros semi 1911s like the sig 938. External safety on the 938 what you have and that’s it. If you were well trained with one I don’t find them unsafe at all.

All that said these days I’m usually carrying a striker fired micro 9 mm the Springfield hellcat. If I’m such a 1911 fan why do I carry a striker fired? They are simpler to operate, usually higher capacity in a smaller lighter package, and easier to conceal. I think because of design they are inherently safer. But again the 1911 is not unsafe you just must be trained with one.

8 Likes

If anyone calls @Shamrock a slacker, I’ll have words with them. A slacker you are not. You are a productive member of this community and an obvious provider for your family. You’ve made smart, sensible, calculated decisions to do the best you can with what you have. That’s what the rest of us strive to do as well. If your circumstances are different than others, you either live with them or change them. I’m not going to tell you to do anything differently.

I work in a state that is currently considering legislation that would kneecap my ability to carry. For reasons I won’t get into, I won’t change jobs to carry the heater everywhere. I’ll do like you: the best I can with what I have. And I’d be in good company.

7 Likes

You might want to prepare yourself for a call from my wife the next time she feels I haven’t done my share of the house chores;)

11 Likes

You got me there! :rofl:

6 Likes

Everyday, when I’m getting dressed I put my CCW on then.
As I’m a school bus driver durning the school I do not carry whenever I’m on a bus or at a school, that’s because of the law in Tn.

1 Like

@Michael1693
You are correct in what you are saying. What is the question brother?

1 Like

The question I answered was “how often and when do I carry a weapon”.

1 Like

Honestly… not all the time. It depends on where I’m at and what I’m doing, whether I’m on duty or not.

I almost always have a firearm available, but that’s not the same thing as wearing it.

6 Likes

I was born in kali… and i now avoid that state… I will not even go there anymore…

moved around 99… and warned anyone that was there leave while you can…

most ignored me… but I could see what was coming…

sadly many are leaving there now and even more sadly they keep voting in the same types as there…

wish they staid where they were… a couple of em came around with a petition once…

I told em that I left kali to get away from them and their raise tax’s petitions…

they seemed shocked that I would have such an opinion…

see em online in a local neighborhood sites now… still shillin for same sorta crap…

oh well…

3 Likes

They came to Salt Lake and succeeded at it, higher taxes, Higher Crime, less order…

1 Like

Just saw something about bill HB3 in Texas. Check that out. :us: :us:

1 Like

I carry everywhere. I do follow the rules also. When I do have to leave my firearm in vehicle, Even more aware then than usual. Also, when my HH6 wants to duck in a store to shop sometimes i stay outside and armed with my ears on. Thats very seldom here as I don’t know of many stores who say no firearms. But simple answer is my carry is like my watch or billfold. :us:

3 Likes