Question for the regulars

The saddest part of all of that is the yes you can/no you can’t and you never know when and where you might not be able to carry. The spaghetti of laws that don’t play well together.

8 Likes

Personally, I wouldn’t call you a slacker. You live in a State that is virulently anti 2A. I live in a very permissive pro gun state. So it’s not a fair comparison.

I have the feeling that If alot of pro 2A gun owners lived it California. Their carry habits would be close.

6 Likes

I actually fortunately live in Northern AZ. It is unfortunate that most of my work has shifted to CA over the past several years so that is where most of my out and about time is. CA won’t give licenses to out of State residents unless they have enough money and/or connections to grease palms so I can’t carry there. I have actually run into a lot of pro 2A people who live in the rural areas of CA where I work. Many of them have carry licenses though they have to jump through a lot of hoops to get them. It is the massive number of people in the coastal urban and suburban areas who keep voting for corrupt politicians who insist on violating everyone’s rights.

As @Mike164 points out, there is an unfathomable number of conflicting anti self defense laws in CA designed to entrap otherwise law abiding citizens while the officials in charge let crime and criminals have the run of the place.

7 Likes

Someone asked a question on the forums not long ago, and I researched the issue and came to the realization that you couldn’t pay me to go there.

Over 100 State Gun Laws. More laws by Municipality, and or Counties.

8 Likes

If they didn’t pay me 3 to 4 times what I could make anywhere else there is no way I would work there. I look at it as hazardous duty pay. Allows me to spend the majority of my time home with my family which I wouldn’t be able to do if I worked in another State. Fortunately most of my work is in the remote areas where you don’t run into anyone. The risk is when you have to work near, resupply at or spend nights in the crime infested dumpy desert towns.

5 Likes

I worked in a Quarry near Cupertino, No Cal. Seem like a pretty safe place until I learned about the Pot Farms and distributors, those guys don’t mess around.

7 Likes

I live in Sacramento and don’t consider Cupertino and surrounding areas in the Bay Area as “Nor-Cal.”
They’re places I won’t miss if a quake brought them to the bottom of the Pacific Ocean.
:wink:

4 Likes

My wife’s family are all from the Bay Area. They consider themselves Northern Californians and are very insulted when people lump them in with all those Southern Californians. I personally don’t see the difference;)

Think many of the urban areas in CA are a great example of just how thin the veneer of civilization is. My wife is working on some levy repair projects in Central CA and they seem to be spending an awful lot of time trying to figure out how to keep the homeless population from negatively impacting the repairs.

6 Likes

I pretty much carry at all times. Flash light, mag and pistol on nightstand. I cannot carry at the gym. I either lock it up or carry if any young kids I don’t know are around. Grandkids mid teens have been around guns and hunt so I figure they are safe

7 Likes

I carry on my person from the time I get dressed in the AM until I go to bed in the PM. Then my pistol is on the night stand beside me. The only time I don’t have the pistol on me is when I have to go into a posted area like the bank, government buildings or, as this morning, when we voted.

9 Likes

I carry concealed whenever i leave home and, same as you, my everyday carry is always within reach.

10 Likes

Welcome to the family brother @Guy_R and glad you are with us.

4 Likes

Always unless I am in the shower. Disarm for government buildings.

10 Likes

@Guy_R and @Billy49 Welcome to our community, we are glad to have you. :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

Welcome to the family brother @Billy49 and you are in the right place at the right time.

4 Likes

Hello and welcome @Guy_R

3 Likes

Hello and welcome @Billy49

3 Likes

I get dressed, I carry.
I go to bed, I stop carrying.

7 Likes

Does it mean you go to bed naked? :wink: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

4 Likes

Unfortunately my job does not allow me to carry in a company vehicle even though I do possess a LTC. But once I’m off the clock my edc is always on me or within arms length!

7 Likes