Pushed in the lake

Many of the posts focus on the firing mechanism and module which makes sense. But… don’t forget about your magazine and/ or its metal components. I’d hate to see a rusty spring fail to advance a round.

4 Likes

I thought I read a post, where a fellow here puts his firearms in the dishwasher??? My daughter and wife would commit me to the nearest dementia hotel even if I suggested it.

3 Likes

I am laughing my donkey off!!! LOL LOL

Our daughter dropped her cell phone in a toilet, I am sure it was a nasty deposit, since she wouldnt admit to it, so I told her to put phone in a bag of sugar!!! Yup …good that we have know it all children huh? LOL LOL

3 Likes

Rice is a better absorbent than sand.

4 Likes

Really? Then tell me why oceans don’t sink. Huh? Because of the absorbency of sand. :upside_down_face:

3 Likes

Best home available absorbent is NaCl. (Unless you have CaCl2 at home :grinning:)
If you are cat owner: crystal cat litter !

1 Like

New or used?

4 Likes

I would go with new… used one may be moisturized already :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

Taking my weapons through swamps and water as a norm the maintenance I have on my weapons has me not worried about water on it. I usually shake it off and give it a wipe. At the end of the day you break it down and clean and lubricate. Parts cleaner is good for removing oil and water, all you have to do is whip off the residue then lube. I am a Washingtonian who lives in the rain, swims in the rain, and shoots in the rain. Don’t let rain slow you down. The flashlight, I would toss the batteries and utilize the rice to dry out the inside if it got wet. A good flashlight will not leak. As for the Snickers bar, I would just eat it. Your lighter will do good to go into rice to dry out. 1.99 each, you have to do what you have to do! Take everything out of your wallet and let it dry out. With your knife, dry it off and clean it. You should do it on a regular basis anyway. Most importantly, do not forget to have fun. Be safe, train, and practice.

3 Likes

One of the few times using WD-40 is recommended . 40th try at making a good Water Displacement formula , don’t cha know ? Follow with a blast of brake cleaner and your choice of lube . Rotate ammo , wipe down the Kydex holster , ready to go .
Chris

2 Likes