Proving Ground VR?

Greetings!

So, I have had an idea. Virtual Reality has progressed to the point where they are making video games for VR systems like the Occulus Rift.

I don’t have the foggiest idea of how to begin something like this, but if we could get Proving Ground scenarios into a VR game, we could be able to simulate force on force encounters without having to gather a group. Then, maybe have the system tell you whether you’re going to jail or not based on your decisions.

Is this something that would be useful? Or wanted? I have sort of an idea that if enough people want it, a Kickstarter might raise enough funding, but again, I wouldn’t have a clue where to go from there. Does anybody else?

It could be done but I’d rather not use something like that or recommend it.

Our younger generation already has a big problem with being grounded in reality and that’s just too much like gaming to me.

There are some situations where they could be of value where live fire, sim guns, and paintball can’t be used but other than that I would rather stay away from them.

1 Like

@WildRose

Going to disagree with you here. Maybe it’s because I’m younger but i see something like this as a great tool. Not only is it a way for a single person to prepare for something, it’s also another tool we can use to bring more people to our cause. A lot of antigunners won’t go to a range to learn, I’ve tried to invite some myself, but they have no problems picking up a first person shooter video game. This could be a bridge for that gap.

Police use simulators all the time. They would be a great addition to any shooting range!

Contact the FBI