Protecting the men and children in your life?

Undoubtedly men are the primary protects in each of their families. And, Many men are willing to die doing so. What if women took an active role in the family defense plans? Thus adding to the life expectancy of the husband. How would this look? What are some ways women can be proactive?
Something I should have put in the description from the get go is the reason behind it. I have known a lot of people from all walks of life and the attitude of most women is they are invincible. We are powerful but, power without direction and training we can be dangerous! I have seen an untrained women bow up and get in the face of a male twice her size for no reasons and think she could win a fight. With all due respect for both parties, that guy could have killed her. This and like situations should never have happened. I have been nicely supprised to see women here that are well versed (cool headed) in self-defense! Those around us should not have to die protecting us if we have the capacity to pull our own wight and be calm respective people.

4 Likes

My wife is my partner in everything I do. She is by far my better half.

For me that’s what it looks like.

6 Likes

My wife is law enforcement and will do whatever she needs to do. However, when it comes to home security and defense, she is overly relaxed. I am way more interested in security and quick—safe—access to to my firearm than she will ever be. You would think that being in law enforcement, and parking her cruiser in our driveway making us a target, would encourage her to have more of a self-preserving mentality but this is not the case. The only conclusion that I am able to come to is the fact that she has been in law enforcement long enough to remember some of the “good ol’ days.”

TL;DR

I am confident, whether I am home or not, my wife will protect what is ours.

5 Likes

They also can conceal carry, practice shooting at the range and become proficient with their firearm. Learn survival tactics and workouts at the gym. Learn how to use knives and other objects in the house as alternate weapons, learn all exit and escape routes. They can have good situational awareness and be alert and vigilant.

3 Likes

When I think of protective woman,
I think of the one that got away…Leah.

She was a momma bear for sure. Matter of fact, seen her on social media discussng with another woman about self-defense. I didn’t say anything but was proud. (No not stalking, we are added on each others FB and it ended on good terms).

2 Likes

@Seethe
I would think so as well. Her chosen profession says a lot about her. Hi five to you for seeing the need and filling in the Gap! That is what protectors do. I am glad she can handle herself.

1 Like

My mrs is my best of the half…we train together, shoot together, hunt, fish, work, etc. I know in a defensive situation I can count on her, and she would give her life for her family. Two years ago, I spent 36 days in a burn unit, and she never left my side…because she was with me, and was protective, that added more to my life expectancy. Yes I am 15 years older than her…

2 Likes

@Dawn @MikeBKY @Zee
Thoughts? Tactics?

1 Like

@SKIdaho :+1:

1 Like

My wife recently started carrying, but isn’t always the most observant. We’ve been working on that. Story time…We left our work phones and laptops at the house and went out for the weekend. Last night we were sitting on the little patio talking and whatnot, when she saw lights for a walking trail. She wanted to go check it out and got up to walk across the parking lot to it…I quickly pointed out the men sitting in their truck in the back of the parking lot, and the car that pulled up next to them 20 minutes prior with people that were watching us. She changed her mind quickly, and we checked it out during daylight hours. Be on the lookout too… 2 sets of eyes looking for danger are better than 1. I’m sure you appreciate your husband looking out for the family, he will appreciate you looking out for him.

Another good thing would be to work on scenarios in which you work as a team. Get to where you function as a 2 person team. Not only would the drills help y’all as a team, they would also help you be more efficient as an individual. Sometimes bad things happen. The best way for you both to go home safe is to be a team.

2 Likes

Team training! The mrs and I did an active shooter training course. In the beginning of the course drill, we found ourselves not communicating. After we figured out by communication, we completed the drill and course exceptionally.

Thanks for you post!!! I will use your saying!

2 Likes

When it comes to being a team no one knows your significant other like you do. You know each other’s habits, preferences, how they respond to difficult situations, you know how they think when making decisions, you know their limits, and how to push them to improve on things. What better teammate could there be for you? Communication is difficult sometimes, but that would be the case with any teammate. Once you find a groove, you’re golden.

2 Likes

Sorry I’ve been absent a few days.
The physiological differences between men and women generally make men physically more able to protect a family from physical threats. That being said, the differences between men and women give each an advantage in varying ways against different types of threats.
Biblically, the two become one, and I believe complimentary equals. I do some things much better than Becky but Becky does many things much better than me. I see things she doesn’t and vice versa. We are equal partners.
In my family, Becky looks to me for physical protection but I look to her for more psychological and emotional protection. We are made for and need each other.
She does not like firearms but she can hit a target if the need arises.

6 Likes