Pro-life and Pro-gun said to be incompatible

No one has argued against mental health care. What has been disagreed with is a screening for firearm owners as a condition of ownership. What other rights do we have that are only “granted” if you pass a mental health evaluation? Do you really want a “professional” with an anti-rights agenda deciding on whether or not you are “allowed” to own your firearms? What legal recourse would one have, and how much time and money would that cost, not just the person facing that issue, but also the government (aka taxpayers) in prosecuting/defending the case?

Cost of defending oneself from that will prevent ownership by the poor, and likely many in the middle-class would avoid owning firearms due to costs, too. That is discrimination. “Gun control” is already discriminatory, we do not need more of that.

4 Likes

Pro-choice and pro-gun here.

I can see how someone could connect the two, but it’s my body and I’d have to be the one responsible for carrying the fetus and taking care of the child when born when it’s not something I may want to do.

I wish the focus was on more sex education for children and adults so they know birth control options and what to do if they did get pregnant. And focus on decreasing maternal death rates, which we have the highest of among developed nations. And also, birth control options for people with a penis more than just condoms.

Same thing with guns. Education on gun safety, exposure to the different reasons people have guns, and situational awareness would be great for everyone. I know it’s not that simple, but there’s better options than “it has to be this or that… nothing in the middle”. The truth is sex is enjoyable for most and it would be better to arm people with knowledge instead of making it just an either-or options.

2 Likes

Welcome to the community, Lindsey. Always glad to have pro-2A/pro-gun people!

4 Likes

Welcome Lindsey2. I tend to think our lil community here is more diverse than we think.

I noticed since I joined here a while back, there’s much disagreement, and I’ll admit I’m a part of it; However we have a common thread which unites us strong. Stay safe friend. :blush:

3 Likes

So a baby is murdered because of YOUR actions… plus, the baby’s body is NOT yours.

2 Likes

I’m staunchly pro-life, and while I may agree with the facts and feelings behind this, I think it might be best for us to stay focused on what we CAN agree on, and that is my, your and Lindsey2’s right to self defense. There are good places to advocate for in-utero life, perhaps not this forum.

7 Likes

Why are you worried about other peoples families? Just take care of your own.

Not one person in this conversation mentioned anything about being pro gun for hunting or sport. Yeah, I know this is a “CCW” thing but Police go entire carriers and never pull their weapon. Every single response is about that one gunfight you are all waiting to get in - and you never want to be in btw…that insurance is THE only reason I am here.

Now, with “‘800,000” unwanted people added to our country every year;
I guarantee, in 18 years, you’ll need a gun.

2 Likes

You are SO wrong and uninformed. You are projecting your own wishes on others. How do you like it when your motives are judged?

So you are only here for the insurance… then why did you decide to comment and insult 99% of the good people on this site?

1 Like

@Lindsey2 brought it in…not me. Or are only certain people allowed to voice their “controversial” opinions?

Which is why, as responsible, armed private citizens, we should be avoiding and moving away from danger, not toward it. Concealed carry provides us with a measure of safety when we cannot avoid it.

The goal is to stay safe. The goal is NOT to find reasons to shoot someone.

7 Likes

Yeah, and I don’t think Lindsey bringing it in was the smartest choice, either. I’m suggesting we keep our focus on being responsibly armed citizens. Otherwise this degenerates into a black hole of unrelated issues.

5 Likes

100% false. This forum brings together people that believe in the RKBA, who want to learn or become better prepared to defend themselves and their families. Most here are firearm owners and CC holders.
No one here is seeking out a “gunfight” - that is not self-defense. We learn situational awareness to keep us safe by avoiding confrontations when feasible; de-escalation, when it is not. Using a firearm is a last resort when there are no other possibilities and only when there is a reasonable threat of great bodily harm or death.

7 Likes

Well said @Dave17. Person comes to a forum where the main staples are Legal and Moral sides of self defense, and makes an outrageous statement about the entire community. Please educate yourself before posting out of pre-conceived notions or dogma.

3 Likes

There ya go Dave! That’s the response I was looking for!! No one else posted that so 99% of you were off base.
First off, this post was about pro life v pro gun which is ludicrous because abortion is death. Guns are tools. Tools which can be used to hunt, for sport AND protect There is no comparison.
Finally if you are offended by my first amendment right, there is no further point in discussion of 2A on this site, or on a ridiculous topic like this. I have been a member since 2019 and this is the first time I have met the “community”. I think it will be the last. Not Everyone who loves guns is a MAGAnut (talk about dogma)… I now understand what this is. Who is on it and what kind of content USCCA give you to mull around (refer to paragraph 2).
I’ll get insurance elsewhere.
:v:Fight on.

There are people across the political spectrum on this site. There were not 100 replies to your post, therefore your 99% is quite a bit off. Furthermore, the two other people that replied to you also disagreed with your contention that we are seeking a gunfight.

As you noticed, we did not denigrate you, we only disgreed with your libelous post about the people on this forum. You are free to get your insurance elsewhere, and you are also able to keep posting on this site as one does not need to be an insured member to be on this forum; I am not. Just understand that if someone disagrees with you, you will likely get a reply.

Why were you a member and what value did you get from this membership? You surely didn’t get any of the training, or the accent on conflict avoidance and de-escalation. You wouldn’t be saying nonsense like

Either you are seriously confused… or just trolling.

2 Likes

Read carefully, sir, I never said looking for a gunfight I said, “about that one gunfight you are waiting to get in”. That is a huge difference.

But it is our society. We expect to fight instead respecting everyone’s struggle. So you will “read” what you want it to say.

Mind yours. Protect yours. Put your morals and values on yours.

Leave mine alone.

Waiting to get into a gunfight? How does one do that when one is using situtational awareness to avoid that said event?

Not in my society, we do not. I do not expect to fight, I expect rational, reasonable and lawful behavior. We train so as to avoid the fight, not engage in one. If you have been a member as long as you stated, watched the training videos and read our posts, you will have found that we are peaceable, law-abiding people seeking to learn how to be the most capable we can be to defend ourselves and our loved ones. No one here is waiting for anything, but our eventual demise and hoping that we never need to use our defensive skills and tactics to protect ourselves and/or loved ones.

In the USA, many of our morals are codified into law, such as prohibitions on murder, rape, robbery, etc. If those are not your morals and values, then you will have issues, not only on this site, but in life.

4 Likes

I got a free pelican case, a fancy medical bag and shooters insurance.
Bro, I was a US Marine.
This sites’ training is for elementary attitude’s and gun carriers. Which is needed but I don’t need further understanding of situational awareness-your favorite catch phrase which should be practiced more so if unarmed. I don’t need advice on carrying one in the chamber. I know what a gun belt is and I do not need holster info.
The past day of my four or five “posts” reminded me why I don’t have a social media account. Enjoy and
:v:FightOn

2 Likes

If you don’t expect a fight, why are you armed and aware?