Private Business Weapons Bans

YeeeaaaahNo. Not a purse carry kinda gal. That’s the first thing a bad guy probably wants off of me and my self-protection isn’t going to be in it.

There are some nice carry purses out there… purpose-designed and well made. I am never owning any of them.

On my body, in my hand, or in the safe. And if I can’t do that, me and my money will just go somewhere else. :blush:

4 Likes

Are you finding it to be beneficial for you Zee?

1 Like

My position on that has actually “evolved”.

In Texas if a business is legally posted with the proper signage it is not a crime to go on in.

If you choose to do so and they ask you to leave and read off the exact language of the sign to you like a cop reads you your rights and you refuse to leave you are in violation but it’s a civil trespass violation for which you may be cited I think up to 250.00.

My bank is posted simply due to the request of the main branch HQ but talking to the clerks and president they actually assumed I was always carrying concealed and they not only had no problem with it they appreciated it so when I go in, I just cover up and don’t worry about it.

Under our rules unless it’s a specifically restricted place like certain offices, courtrooms, secure areas of the jails etc it’s simply a civil matter and unless I am asked to leave then I’m not violating their rights so I don’t worry about it.

I will be polite and carry concealed so as not to create a scene and so far I have yet to be asked to leave anywhere.

3 Likes

That’s also the way it works here in KY.

Regards.

Re the Posted! app

There aren’t a lot of businesses tagged near me either way, so on my daily activities I’m not getting a ton of benefit yet. But with crowd-sourced info, you have to get people to play or it doesn’t work. For that reason, I’m adding and tagging businesses. When I’m traveling, I’m using it and specifically looking for pro-gun businesses I can support.

I think apps like this are a pay-it-forward thing… people have to play to make it work and we haven’t hit critical mass in the rural areas.

3 Likes

@wildrose heres what Indianapolis looks like, for example:

And Dallas:

2 Likes

TY, there really are no “no gun businesses here” except one bank so it wouldn’t do me any good till I go to the city HA which I avoid religiously as much as possible.

I’m a firm believer that if you have more than 5.000 people in a 1200squ/mi county all you’re asking for is trouble.

2 Likes

I take it that the Red Flags are Anti while the Green flags are Pro or Neutral ?

And can you name this app again please so I can look for it on my ‘‘smarter than me phone’’
Thank you for your time and Post.

2 Likes

@Michael27 yep, you’ve got it.
“Posted!” And you need the exclamation point in there.

http://rightapp.net/wp/posted/

Welcome to the group!

3 Likes

Finally found it and I don’t think anyone in my state has ever used it

1 Like

@Zavier_D not so many in my little town area either, but someone has to be first :slight_smile:

Guess it’s us.

I just put in Birmingham and came back 0. Maybe I’m doing it wrong.

1 Like

Heres what I see for Birmingham @Zavier_D

1 Like

We have the same deal in Illinois but I agree with Zee and I also love calling and letting the owner know that he lost my money and all my friends I can tell and also asking him or her who is going to protect you ??? Tim

2 Likes

Got the app! Well, downloading it now. Cool idea, will see how it works around here.

1 Like

I went to a local theater on Tuesday in Florida with my wife. The No Firearms Allowed signage was at the front door. I read it, no statues nor laws were referenced (might go back and take a photo one day), but the part that got my attention was “firearms will be confiscated”. I was carrying a $1,000 gun I didn’t want to risk, so told my wife I had to return to the car if she really, really had to see the movie. She really, really wanted to see the movie. Since it was a mid-afternoon showing with an average of 4 people in each theater, I figured the risk was low, took a trip to the car and returned to watch one of the worst movies either one of us had ever seen - Hustlers :-1:

I am not honestly sure what power the signage has, but since we go to the movies about once every two years, it doesn’t really matter for another two years or so. :grinning:

edit: Touchstar Cinemas

1 Like

@Gary_H I’m not sure that sign has any legal force in Florida… from the USCCA site:

3 Likes

Thanks @Zee, I will walk right past the signage if there is a next time - a lot less hassle and safer for us :+1:

3 Likes

Here is a photo of the offensive theater signage…

2 Likes

Gary it’s different in each state and I’d suggest a review of your state/local laws.

In TX for example of such a sign does not meet specific legal criteria 30.06/30.07 signage they have no force of law. If the proper signage is posted and you go beyond the sign and are caught carrying they can ask you to leave and if you don’t you’ll get a misdemeanor trespass charge laid on you.

2 Likes