Practice ammo

Same here. Fiocchi FMJ are the cleanest bullets I’ve ever used. Clean for gun, clean for hands. Extremely reliable - no single malfunction so far (around 6K rounds shot).:ok_hand:

1 Like

I’m sorry I still can’t buy ammo as cheap as I can make it. I know I know TIME. BS most folks spend 2 - 3 hours in front of the idiot box EVERY NIGHT watching things that do nothing. I can sit in front of the same and prime 1,000 rnds of brass. I can listen or watch a NASCAR race on Sunday and make 2,000 rnds of ammo. Oh it’s the money!!! No. I get 1,000 primers for $25 - 35.00, 1,000 boolets for pistol at about $90- 125.00. I have brass. So on the high end I spend $160 for 1,000 rnds of 45. It’s hard to find 500 rnds for that price.

The best part is “I” am totally in control of the QC, how fast I want it to run, what self defense ammo I want it to imitate. Lets say Remington Gold Dot 230gr .45ACP comes out of my stick at 1050 fps. Cool, my 230gr FMJ handload comes out of the same stick at 1100fps. I back it down a couple 1/10’s of a grain and POOOF I am training with my defensive ammo for 1/10 the price.

Folks say that it cost’s too much to get started. For less than the cost of 500 rnds of 9mm you can have a very respectable reloading set up which will have you making money on ammo in one 1,000 round loading session. If you want to get serious about shooting, reload.

Cheers,

Craig6

2 Likes

In my case reloading won’t work. Within 3 work hours I make twice more money than I would save on reloaded ammo.
I’m serious about shooting without reloading :wink:

1 Like

Aluminum case ammo is usually cheaper at big box stores but try before you buy in bulk some guns have feed issues

1 Like

AMMO.COM (guess what they sell). I have been buying from them for several years great website.
Good prices and great fast shipping. A very informative site, check it out.

1 Like

I don’t think sharing a negative experience necessarily qualifies as “campaigning”. Could have been a bad batch of powder/etc. Especially if it was a known company. Besides, people have to learn to take the good with the bad (not that I’m saying anyone here hasn’t already figured out how.)

1 Like

I use less expensive FMJ ammo for practice, but I always finish with my defense ammo. The different ammunition might shoot differently, but since I finish with my defense ammo, it always gives me a couple of additional data points on my accuracy and cycles through my magazines and ammo regularly.

I would reload to keep ammo costs down, but I can’t find a range where I am allowed to use my own loads.

1 Like
1 Like

Thanks, a great deal. My guns shoot Blazer Brass with no issues. Might have to get me some.

1 Like

Buy online at Target Sports, just bought 1,000 rds of 115 gr Blazer Brass for 156.00 & Free Shipping

2 Likes