Potential gun licensing legislaton and online forums

I used to think that way because I was convinced it was tactically sound.

To be truthful, now I want to be a huge red flag to anyone going through the victim selection process. Let THEM cross the street to avoid me, I am a LEGALLY armed American and proud of it! I wear my USCCA hat as often as I can and proudly walk the streets of my town in USCCA garb almost every day. I wear my DSF instructor hat everywhere. Guess what, no one has ever given me a hard time about it, and I doubt anyone will. The shoot-me-first hat/shirt is a myth invented by the movies.

7 Likes

It’s not that so much for me as the potential red flag. For example, if my mother (1500 miles away) knew that I carried, she’d call the cops because “GUNS.” And my late dad taught me to shoot.

2 Likes

@Tim1776 - welcome to the community.

…and they can’t have it both ways. USCCA can’t fully operate in Washington state (and New York, I think) because what USCCA offers is insurance. I can’t wait for them to finally see that…

1 Like

Well that may just be the point, right? You must have insurance to own a gun, but insurance companies cannot sell gun insurance. So that’d be an end-around to enable banning gun ownership completely.

2 Likes

David,
What happens if you have a fire the day before you retire and all those records are destroyed?

You can make your voice heard without presenting yourself as a target. If I put that stuff on my vehicle in my town, it would be vandalized every single day.

1 Like

I saw a severely vandalized truck with a Burny Sanders campaign pumper sticker. Don’t know which came first but we were careful to not park next to it.

An aside: I like the story of the guy who went to Trump rallies, and stuck MAGA bumper stickers on counter-protesters’ cars.

3 Likes

You log on here with your real name?

Oh darn, you mean we can’t post here asking girls who own guns to call us for dates? LOL

2 Likes

Everyone is a target to someone. It’s unavoidable. I’d rather be easily perceived as a porcupine than a tasty sheep.

8 Likes

Enzo, I appreciate your position. I don’t mind people knowing I have guns, and will get my LTC next month. I buy new guns from FFL’s, and used guns from private individuals. I also sell sometimes, to finance a private purchase of something I would like to try. To protect myself, I keep bills of sale for a year or two, in case the buyer turns out to be not who I thought he was (including just careless). But then I shred them, like any other financial record. So, I end up with guns they know about, and guns they don’t. I expect the seller to keep records, but there is nothing to tie the two of us together. Unless all private gun ownership is banned, then of course, I will turn them all in. Someday.

2 Likes

Why does anyone assume I am telling the truth online. I never swore to tell the truth and nothing but the truth. Everybody knows that any posting from any offical is most likely a non truth. Why does any one believe that anything online is false. It is a lie UNTIL it is proven truthful.

I thought about the same thing, and considered canceling my membership.

Welcome to the Community @TiRonne .
Did you really think USCCA could give your private information to third person? :smirk:

2 Likes

Everyone appears to be paranoid. I’d bet that many of us online would tell Uncle Sam to shove it if the gov tried to confiscate law abiding citizens because we all know that those kind of laws are absolutely without a doubt Unconstitutional. Citizens, We the People, must stop this tyranny before it goes too far.

3 Likes

Since you asked, Yes I do. I think ppl do what they want in lands built off lies and propaganda… and I think that I trust the universe, common sense, and intuition over mundane law.
But that is my divine right and I think I’m commenting on a post where someone asked the same question I did.

If those in and behind our elected government want to take my guns or make it financially restrictive to continue to own I’ll fight for my rights. What I won’t do is hide who I am or what I believe in.

4 Likes

I remember your boating accident. It was when your boat hit mine. I think I was a USCCA instructor once too.

4 Likes

I don’t know if my last post was posted or not. What I said was: “I remember your boating accident. It was my boat you ran into. Thankfully we both survived even though we lost our guns.”