Post Your Humble Brag Targets Here!

Instead of my targets I thought I’d post this one. This beautiful lady had NEVER touched a gun before. She was so scared of them she actually asked for a moment to compose herself after her first shot. Two hours of instruction and some natural talent. She’s now wanting a CCW and her own SD gun. BTW this was the ONLY target we used from shot #1 to when she finished. I’m soooooooo proud of her! :heart:

8 Likes

I’m wondering who was the teacher :joy:

Bravissimo :clap:

4 Likes

The teacher is meaningless without a capable student!!!

4 Likes

Here is one of my last targets. About 20 yards? (28 steps). Glock 45, the holes marked in red were from my .45 LC… Last couple of mags for the day.

3 Likes

When the student is ready the teacher will appear. When the student is truly ready The teacher will Disappear.
– Attributed to Lao Tzu in Tao Te Ching

3 Likes

This should never happen. :slightly_smiling_face:
There is always room to improve something. The question is…if the Teacher is also improving.

Nothing in the statement suggests the student stops learning or improving. I think it means quite the opposite.

1 Like

OK… Looks we are going deep into interpretation :joy:

Here’s one I just remembered I had. My CCH Instructor qualifier target. It was the FIRST a time I ever fired a Glock 48. I had just bought the MOS model and threw it into the case and headed for the airport. Who the hell goes to training with a brand new gun that’s never been out of the box?!?!?!?! I could have done better… but I passed. :grin:

5 Likes

5 shot tube dump, offhand… 1150fps lo-recoil slugs, 50 yards. Mossberg 500 "tactical persuader. Fun is!

2 Likes

Upper target,Mossberg MVP, 5.56, Freedom Munitions M193, 200 yards.
Lower target, .308 Ruger Precision. 200 yards PPU match line 3x3… interesting re: horizontal string…not my best day, but looked good from the bench.

3 Likes

I hate to totally necro an old thread, but the range target vs. real life shooting is a fallacy. You can calmly and consistently shoot 95/100 center mass hits against a paper target that isn’t shooting back, bringing a firearm to bear on you or trying hard to stick a knife in your heart. Any use of force expert with more than three operational brain cells will tear the paper target argument to shreds in court.

Police who shoot over 90% on qualification shoots are lucky to hit at half that percentage in a real life shooting. I noticed my accuracy during dynamic, force on force Simunition scenarios dropped significantly. When you have your attention divided two or three ways and suddenly have to engage a new threat from a totally different direction while they shoot at you… well, things get a bit spicy.

1 Like

Had not shot a 1911 in a couple of range trips. So I decided it was time.

6 Likes

1911s RULE!!! :fist_right: :fist_left:

2 Likes

Have only gotten to the range a couple times in the past three months and was working with two new pistols on those occasions. Decided it was time to get reacquainted with my old reliable P365. This is from 30+ yards on a 20”x12” target. Started out shooting at about 2 rounds/second but had to slow down to 1 round/second to get more of the rounds back near the center. I had jammed my trigger finger pretty good a couple weeks ago so it was good to see I could still hit the target even though every pull hurt a little. Obviously need to get back to work on the mid range accuracy once my finger heals up. At least all 12+ 1 hit the target.

4 Likes

Sometimes I just like to show off for the kids at the range!
Smiley face 14 rounds, 7.5 yards from low ready with one mag change rapid fire.
Royal Straight Flush 5 rounds, 7 yards from low ready, rapid fire. Couldn’t help muzzle rise on the queen, learned a lot from that shoot!

I hope and pray I can do this as bullets are whizzing by my head! When the time comes! I do tend to remain focused when the crap hits the fan.

4 Likes

Not from shooting a pistol but results of countless hours of trigger control and breathing practice. 100 yds, 3 shots with a factory stock Howa 1500 chambered in 6.5 creedmoor with a 22" barrel. Center to center on the two widest holes is less than caliber. Yes I know it’s not on the bullseye, the rifle is sighted 1.5" high at 100 and there was a slight right to left breeze.

My daughter is following close in my footsteps. 45ACP case at 25yds with a marlin model 60 22lr rifle. I let her load 5 rounds into the gun and she hit it on the 2nd (grazing shot on right side) and 3rd (center) shot.

She almost took out the primer at the same distance in three shots.

3 Likes

Didn’t know we were doing rifles. Two cold bore shots from my 1950s FN Mauser .270. Ammo is off the shelf commercial Federal hunting stuff. I can’t wait to start reloading for this rifle.

4 Likes

Buttery smooth actions on those! Make you think of a Remington 700 as a truck gun after feeling one.

2 Likes

They are spectacular guns. I still have a warm spot in my heart for Remingtons. Some of my best guns are 700s. My semi-custom .35 Whelen will put 3 shots into .5 MOA all day long. And my 7mm-08 is another .5 MOA gun with just about anything I feed it.

1 Like