Positive

I work for the VA too. I am turning 62 in October and am thinking of getting out. Not only can we not defend ourselves, but the over all bureaucracy wears me out.

4 Likes

I have given up social media, have lost 20 lbs (mostly because I didn’t want to buy bigger pants for my AIWB) , Spend more time woodworking and training for self defense. Basically though Oklahoma stayed open, so we weren’t really affected all that much after the first month or so last March.

6 Likes

Each VA facility larger than a phone booth is a fiefdom unto itself with its own rules. Very exasperating.

2 Likes

My next Born Day, it would be 50 years of smoking for me. I believe if I had not been infantry ( with their don’t quite attitude) I would have quite smoking long time ago. Lol

3 Likes

Congratulations

2 Likes

Where I live folks are more or less just as polite and helpful as they always were. Just seems to be the way it was and is. I was aware of whats going on around me . But that sense seems to be sharper

3 Likes

The majority of the people I’ve been talking to for years about getting into the gun community have finally come to me asking to teach them the fundamentals

5 Likes

Welcome to the community @andrew121 . Training is needed always

3 Likes

@andrew121 Welcome to the team and community. @Lu-Can is absolutely spot on…train, train, train!

2 Likes

My wife was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer just as the pandemic started. At first I couldn’t even visit her in the hospital. Then rules were relaxed enough to visit 10 hours a day. She had major surgery, a Whipple. After a lengthy recovery that virtually matched the length of the pandemic she is feeling well again. Still not out of the woods, that’s 5 years of being cancer free, but she’s on the way. To answer your question l the pandemic allowed us to concentrate on getting her well, chemotherapy and such. We joke that we weren’t going to be doing anything last year anyway. We were locked away just like everyone else and because of her weakened immune system were in no position to do anything other than stay home anyway. We’ve both had the COVID shots and have been out to eat, visit people and have just begun living life again.

6 Likes

Pray all get well for you and your family

4 Likes

Thanks, we’re in a good place right now.

3 Likes

Thoughts and prayers for you both! Oorah!

Get well

3 Likes

@Maxbeep God bless both you and your wife! Sending many thoughts and prayers!

3 Likes

The positive, feeling even closer to my Lord and Saver Jesus Christ. Knowing this is not my home! My true home has already been won for me by Grace alone.

6 Likes

Congratulations! However important to keep busy.
I found delivery of flowers locally can bring smiles to others and yourself.
Semper Fi

3 Likes

Thanks, I believe you are right. Too many retire and wither. We need a sense of purpose! IMO

My boss once told me we were all in the Department of the Navy but you guys were the men’s department! IDK

2 Likes

While last year brought unique challenges, the name of the game is adapt and overcome. We’ve all had to do the mask thing even though it blows, change our routines, plans, and experience house arrest🤣. Down here we also had so many hurricanes, they ran out of names! On the positive side… My wife and I both got promotions, and while that brings more work and responsibilities, we are feeling much less stress. We have time more often to go fishing, camping, and relax at the beach. I finally caved and bought my first brand new truck (I have always been perfectly satisfied buying pre-owned). I learned my wife can count cards… I’ve been doing more drills at home, which I felt I was slacking on before. Thanks, coronavirus for clearing up my after work schedule!

2 Likes

My irritating in-laws have stayed away

2 Likes

I was looking at the topic of Positive once again this morning. I think may be in addition to my earlier post on this. When I am out and about,I make more of an effort to be kind to folks. Pay it forward when I am able. I always see the positive effects of a kind word or deed. It is not always this way. But by and large it is for me. Have a great day all

4 Likes