Positive

The past 13 months have changed all of us on so many levels. What positive change have you experienced despite such negative times?

5 Likes

it’s still the same for me, nothing changed.

5 Likes

I fully unplugged my TV (I was using network subscriptions before, not cable which I dumped 10 years ago).
I deleted my social media accounts; stopped ‘doomscrolling’.
I allow myself to check local news for 10 minutes a day, national for 5 (via the web). Any more time is a suck and doom.
I have stopped shopping on Amazon, and instead go to the places directly.
I have dropped my Amazon subscriptions.
I now have more time to go do other things that please me, and not a time suck. My wife and I enjoy doing more things together too. I purchased a Harley, and we get out more around the State visiting places.
I really got much better at smoking meat. I now had time to be less rushed and pay more attention to the “how”.
I proceeded to get more physically active (great stuff for anxiety and depression mitigation). I have kept it up mostly due to the above time suck removal.
I learned a new programming language just for the giggles.
Finally learned how to really meditate, and the benefits of it. I have only been poking that bear for 30+ years and never understood or got anywhere with it.
We have just about eliminated eating out, and eating processed foods. Whole foods only and we cook it all. I make my own dressings, spice mixes, etc… We are healthier for it.
While we do not drink much beer, we now visit local places to get growler fills instead of buying ‘the big guys’. I was very surprised what we found here locally.

Those are just what come to mind right now. I may think and add more later.

10 Likes

Folks and entities showing their true face and true intentions is a good thing.
People have their eyes open to what is really going on around them is a good thing.

5 Likes

Nothing has changed for Nancy and I we always knew we could count on each other, our neighbors and our city. We all stepped up to help those in need. :us:
P.S. One change, I quit smoking after 43 years. :+1:

9 Likes

Positive change? That’s easy. Not necessarily in this order, I started carrying, I learned far more than I ever knew before about firearms safety and responsibility, I became much more acutely aware of my rights as an American citizen (not just 2A) and how important it is to defend them.

7 Likes

Have become positively sure that the Patriotic mantra from D.C. is a facade. There is a lot of work to do to get back to where I thought this country was and get past the proposed Unity that is just a delusion to disadvantage, disarm, destroy the sheep and this country…
The POSITIVE takeaway is there are enough true Patriots and America loving folks to bring this country back to a Free Constitutional Nation.

7 Likes

I positively learned which elected officials (both local and otherwise) truly believe in the Constitution.
I also convinced my wife that vacations in a camper/travel trailer are better than a hotel.

12 Likes

I deleted ALL my social media accounts. It’s been just over a year and I don’t miss them.

9 Likes

At the tender age of 73 I’ve decided to finally go into retirement. I always said they would find me slumped over my desk one morning but that has changed. A week from tomorrow I turn over the keys to my office and surrender my VA credentials. It always bugged me that I could not carry on Federal property so I’m shedding a restriction and going fishing!

14 Likes

Congratulations @George98!

3 Likes

CONGRATULATIONS @George98 !

3 Likes

That’s awesome! For the first time in years, I started voting again and being more open with my elected officials, living and working “in the lion’s den”.

5 Likes

@George98 Congratulations and thank you for serving those that served us!

2 Likes

@George98 Thank you sir for serving our veterans and Congratulations on your retirement. Live well and long!

3 Likes

Kudos! On the same route my self!!

3 Likes

Never had any Social Medial other than this and the Slingshotinfo.com forum

2 Likes

Got rid of satellite and cable TV, spending more time with wife and good friends.

5 Likes

I now live in a forest with no power, fuel or internet. It’s great getting back to the way God meant us to live. Solitude. image

6 Likes

We are thinking about that when I retire in a few months

4 Likes