POLL: Are You Finding Ammo? If so, where?

This year’s hot commodity: ammo. Are you finding the kind you need?

• Yes, but target ammo only
  • Yes, but self-defense ammo only
  • Yes, but it’s too expensive to buy
  • No, it’s sold out everywhere I’ve looked!

0 voters

Where are you finding ammo?

76 Likes

I’m finding all target ammo that’s mostly double the price.

110 Likes

There must be more raids going down!

9 Likes

Depends on the caliber but mostly range ammo. I get most of my supply from AMMOSQUARED. The range I go to will allow you to buy a single box for whatever caliber they have in stock. But, you have to use the range before they sell. Self-defense ammo may be a thing of the past. Upon re-stock, the prices will still be too high. About 2 weeks ago, my uncle & I drove a county over to a spot & they had alot of CCI 22lr in stock…more than I’ve seen in person in months :clap:t5::eyes:

:loudspeaker: The same tray of CCI 22lr (100 rounds) I bought last year for $7 is now $33. I picked up like 4 not even thinking about it. You know that lil voice that says “Look at what’s in your hand…” I looked down and the price tag said $32.96! I decided my current supply is sufficient :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:!

:v:t5:

24 Likes

I am reloading but running out of primers.

47 Likes

Found a limited selection of lead shotgun ammo online at federal. Got what I needed there.

4 Likes

No option for “Not looking for ammo?”

29 Likes

Same as @Brad Got plenty, not even looking.

13 Likes

My range sells members 2 boxes of 50 at the old prices when you go to shoot. I shoot one box and squirrel the second one away. Sig website has SD ammo on hand fairly regularly but I’m stocked up on that. Did score 300 rounds of range ammo from a local sporting goods store a couple weeks ago at .40 a round for 9mm and .50 for 40 cal. Not perfect but not 55 to 75 cents like other places.

17 Likes

I’ll keep my eye open for some of that.

8 Likes

Local Gun Range and online. Range 517 in Lansing and Global Ordinance

5 Likes

SG Ammo and Lucky Gunner have some options lately. Not cheap though.

7 Likes

I bought 3K rounds of target ammo in Feb 2020. Almost gone, but fortunately my Range have the ammo in regular price for each class attendees.
Thx God duty ammo haven’t been used :wink:

7 Likes

I’m down to only shooting. 22 lr & 45 ACP as those are the only calibers I can find reliably

6 Likes

The larger question is when will it be available and at a reasonable price before 2025 starts?

11 Likes

So locally in 4 separate towns around me…ZERO ammo on shelves, none coming in. Now online I’m finding bulk range ammo but it is crazy expensive!!! Even saw primers online but again way to expensive!!!

Will I ever see handgun ammo on the shelf 50 rd box, Range/target for under $25.00??? :cry::anguished::disappointed_relieved:

7 Likes

I’m finding a little here, a little there. I’ve managed to build up a small stock and have stayed under $0.50 per round. Expensive, but we’ll under much of the advertised stuff.

4 Likes
40 Likes

I need a “some, but it’s slightly overpriced” option.

And i do mean “some.” A box here, two boxes there.

5 Likes

My range won’t let anybody stock any federal 9mm (Over $10.00 a box here) rather you buy what you can shoot.

Although, self-defense ammo is expensive, it’s worth every cent…
Over $30 a box with tax here.

3 Likes