POLL: Are You Finding Ammo? If so, where?

When ammo was available I would shoot about 10,000 to 15,000 rounds per year. Nowadays half that amount.

5 Likes

I’ve stopped looking for .25 for a couple of mouse pistols. They must be museum pieces.

4 Likes

That’s where I get mine as well. Been well worth the membership

3 Likes

Just ordered Sellier & Bellot, 10mm, 180 grain, 1164 fps, FMJ from Brownells with the introductory $10 off coupon. Will see how it goes …

4 Likes

I’ve used Sellior and Bellott quite a bit. No issues

6 Likes

Well, 4 days now, FedEx label created but package not delivered to FedEx yet. Will post update when there is one :grinning:

3 Likes

Got an email from Freedom Munitions noting free shipping on $250 min (not hard to reach these days :roll_eyes:) on certain ammo, incl 9mm reloads at .34/ea.
I’ve shot thousands of rounds of their reloads, they do a nice job cleaning them up in my somewhat dated experience.

4 Likes

Not sure it makes you feel any better, but the last order I had from them (small parts) it took four days to ship. I imagine they’re doing some brisk business.

4 Likes

Great News!

On Day 5 it has made it to Chicago :rofl:

5 Likes

Well I am seeing a little bit of ammo through Ammo Seek. Has anyone else noticed a jump in prices over the last couple of weeks??? What’s up with that?

3 Likes

9 days later and Browells just became one of my trusted vendors. I got the correct ammo ordered and it was packaged nicely, so no complaints :+1:

6 Likes

Brownells and MidwayUSA are my two suppliers when I need a bit of everything. Only issue was return cost on faulty mags with Midway once.

4 Likes

Ammo Seek

2 Likes

Update to my Dec 2020 post. Here in my area of IL, Cabela’s kept the change of using their old handgun ammo isle/shelves as holster and rifle cartridge isle/shelves. My local FFL/shop has limited semiauto pistol SD ammo now available. However, their revolver ammo still requires a handgun purchase.

2 Likes

Just took a trip to Dicks/Field and Stream and noticed ammo back on the shelves. Remington, Sig, Blazer, Winchester, and including different varieties of caliber. Prices are dropping also. They also had self defense rounds behind the counter.

1 Like

Ammo Supply Warehouse here in Pahrump NV usually has most popular calibers in stock, but not cheap. A lot of people attending courses at Frontsight buy their ammo there when they get into town, so they are pretty good at keeping stuff on hand.

2 Likes

SGAmmo out of Stillwater, Oklahoma usually has a varied selection at current competitive prices. They are not far away so deliveries are a couple of days. UPS has their own unique routing and it’s not necessarily the most direct route.

3 Likes

In WI I found Federal small pistol primers today at a Fleet Farm. I haven’t seen any outside of a gun show last year.

2 Likes

Staying about the same here 9MM FMJ $20-$25 for 50, Self defense about twice that. The nice/disgusting thing is, we are finally staring to see .380 stuff, the bad thing is like .38 & .357 the .380 stuff costs one arm and half a leg then you reach for the bottom of your wallet…

3 Likes

Ammo Depot online:

Found 200rds 9mm TMJ $85

I’ve been watching their specials for months. Used the email promos they sent. Cabela’s was decent for a while in the past year but hopefully you’re there when they are stocking or the entire cart is gone that day usually.

1 Like