POLL: Are You Finding Ammo? If so, where?

In Central California?
Gimme a break, man.
None!

1 Like

Just left Field & Stream and CCI FMJ 9mm 50 round box $30. They are starting to drop in price.:+1::+1: limit 2 boxes per customer per day. It’s an improvement from $50 a box just last month.

I was able to get 10 boxes of 9mm at the range this week.

1 Like

I found a 100 round box of 40 S&W for $50 at Acadamy a week ago. I was disappointed they only had 1 box on the shelf.

2 Likes

Brownell’s has had primers the last few weeks. Staying in stock long enough for normal people to actually order. They also had 2 box limit which helps offset shipping & hazmat.

Natchez has 5 box limit on some of their primers, but have not been quick enough to get any.

2 Likes

Scheels in Sparks has 100 round boxes of .38 spl for $62. They had cases of 7.62x39 and the rifle shelf was pretty full. I couldn’t believe they have CCI 9mm shotshells

1 Like

I just won 500 rds of steel-case 9mm. I paid $200 for eight raffle tickets, so I sold the ammo to a friend for $200. Good deal for him, I guess. At the time I sold them, a local gun store had this ammo for $21.00 for 50 rounds, so there you go! I reload my own ammo for a host of pistol and rifle calibers. I ran out of IMR 3031 for my heavy rifles, but have plenty for my .223 AR. I stocked up on primers many years ago and have a huge supply of pistol powder, plus molds for every caliber I shoot, including .44/40 Winchester for my 1860 Henry Rifle.

2 Likes

SGAmmo is extending their free shipping offer through the month of September.

From their recent email:

We have decided to continue free shipping on orders with $200 or more of merchandise, and a $12 flat rate for orders under $200 for at least the next month, through the end of September 2021. To get to the free shipping threshold of $200 you can mix and match different items until the order subtotal reaches $200 or more, or purchase any item over $200.

2 Likes

Sportsman Guide has inceptor ammo and a good price if you join the buyers clue…and thats good for a year

1 Like

Finding it at local shops, but prices are exorbitant, 20 rounds 5.56/.223, $20.00. That’s more painful than a colonoscopy!
Inflation is somewhat acceptable, gouging is down right despicable!
The wife says, embrace the suck, and buy what we can, when we can!
Could you argue with that? I’ll be back in an hour!

3 Likes

Buck a round is insane. Seeing it online in the 50-60 cent/Rd range.

2 Likes

Target Sports USA is where I’ve been finding ammo lately. Prices are okay. Not great. Bulk is the best.

3 Likes

Welcome aboard brother @Frank123 and may you be blessed.

1 Like

Thank you.

2 Likes

Plenty of ammo here in Wisconsin.

1 Like

MidwayUSA has IMI M193 (5.56 ammo for ARs) at $0.55/cpr right now.

$16.49 for a 30round box, or 649.99 for a 1200round case. Its eligible for free shipping with coupon code!

3 Likes

See above ^^^ !!!

4 Likes

SG ammo has some fine offerings lately, making me almost sad my cupboard is full. M118 9mm, the new stuff the Army is using, 1320 fps which is hot,and noting some nice surplus MEN surplus 5.56, 5 200 round battle packs with dessicant in a wired can. Some good 7.62/51 as well.
Prices take my full larder sadness away, I must admit. Next purchase will probably be some non-nato 9mm, or just practice taming my 2 finger grip guns shooting the hot stuff.

3 Likes

9mm Ammo is available online at around $350 - $400 per 1000 rounds & I can get 50 rounds of target ammo for $17 - $24 plus shipping. If I want to get to Academy early I can get two boxes of 50 9mm for $17 (Blazzer). A local gun shop here in San Antonio, Nagles Guns, has 357mags always available at $37 per 50 & Winchester 45apc at $37. The big difference is that you can only get 2 boxes of ammo at Academy but at Nagles I can get two boxes of each different caliber ammo. I don’t usually put many rounds through my 357. It has adjustable sights & stays dead on. I typically take my service & carry 9mms & one of my 1911s for defensive drills. I will burn 200 or so 9mm rounds & 50 or less 45acps once a week. I’m retired on a fixed income but have a small mineral rights check every month that allows me to buy $200 of ammo per month or if I am at my 1000 round limit (per caliber), I can save for another pistol!!!

2 Likes

How many rounds do you use in a year?

3 Likes