Police Sergeant charged with battery

Posted for opinions and discussion.

1 Like

If it were against a civilian…it would be a non -issue. Police play by their own rules and citizens are the loser

2 Likes

I’m glad there are still some good officers out there that are willing to take a stand even if it means vs their own.

4 Likes

It always comes down to “The Human Factor”. No matter what job you do or playing a game with others, it’s always possible to lose control.
Yes, some people must keep control more than others, as the video shows it’s not always possible.
To use this post in USCCA related way, when concealed carrying a person must keep training on their mental awareness and control. Stay Aware so that you can evade bad situations. If not try hard to talk a bad situation back to calmness.
Alway be prepared nevertheless.

1 Like

Optics are terrible on that video, but it seems we’ve reached a breaking point, it was inevitable!
I recommend, for the safety of all law enforcement, quit now, if you serve in a blue state! Keep your sanity, dignity, integrity and most of all your life! The frustration is palpable in every state!
Let the blue cities burn! They get what they wished for! Karma it’s a…

Unfortunately that officer should have quit a few months ago, but it looks like a pension was waiting, now his cell mate is waiting! Very sad! Bet he was a goo cop before Brandon broke both his arms and tied him to a woke community!

Not going to be surprised if we see more! We’re on the verge of collapse!

2 Likes

He is in Florida. Yes, he clearly was wrong in what he did, but I can understand when the adrenaline rush hits, emotions become difficult to control. He just got done fighting with an uncooperative criminal that took at least several officers to control. He will likely lose his job, whether he gets convicted or settles for some minor charge depends on the circumstances - we only saw a few seconds of the event - and the DA.

3 Likes

This happened last November. Did not get a lot of coverage. If it had been against a civilian it would have been national leading news and would have been widely known and followed, with protests. I am disappointed that you Elza1 would take the actions of this Sgt. that was ABSOLUTELY in the wrong and make a blanket statement against ALL law enforcement . That falls right into the progressive narrative of anti-law enforcement , anti-law and order, anti-criminal sentencing. There are bad teachers, but all are not bad, there are bad doctors, but all are not bad. And there are bad cops that should never wear or have worn the uniform, but ALL cops are not bad. To make a statement that infers that is short sighted, misguided, and just not accurate.

4 Likes

Yes, it is a blanket statement, but none-the-less, it remains a true statement.

1 Like

The 20 years that I’ve spent in law-enforcement I have known police officers to act in that manner with a civilian and they have lost their jobs and went to prison and the civilian sued and were awarded money.

2 Likes

How many officers get a speeding ticket? How many get arrested for tresspassing? How many are protected by the thin blue line?

Citizens have to get an attorney to bring a cop to justice and then the taxpayer pays for their misconduct.

My comment remains valid.

1 Like

I suspect that if a civilian had intervened in that manner he would have been wrestled to the ground with a cop kneeling on his head.

3 Likes

As a recently retired LEO from New York STATE this is just terrible. :disappointed_relieved: :sob: :-1: :-1: :-1:

3 Likes