Police seize Glock disguised as Nerf gun

Got to give them credit for criminal creativity

1 Like

Interesting article and the Glock disguised as a nerf gun is not difficult to accomplish if you know what you are doing. It goes to show that the criminal mind is always at work. All of us need to be aware of what’s out there. Back in the days when I was a LEO a 22cal. pistol was recovered in a drug raid disguised as a beeper. Back in the 80s a lot of people carried beepers/pagers. This particular one was a 5 shot 22lr cal. A 22 caliber in the right spot can kill you. I’m pretty sure bad guys read that news article about the nerf gun and got some ideas. Also I remember growing up they made zip guns. It was like a one shot deal made out of wood and it used a nail as a striker and it sure killed people back in those days. An old timer NYPD Detective I knew had a wallet in his back pocket made of leather with a 2 shot derringer inside of it. Moral of the story we need to be aware that these weapons exist and always be aware that they can be used on us.

3 Likes

I forgot the name of receiving device that turns pistol into PCC. The reporter probably didn’t even realize it is a separate weapon.

I don’t understand how real weapons made to look as toys are legal.

1 Like

Like poly-frame firearms, such as the AR-platform rifles? Yes, the anti’s want them made illegal. Quite sure Nerf is not manufacturing a pistol carbine conversion for Glock, and CAA is not selling a “Nerf” conversion kit, though they do sell conversion kits for Glocks.

1 Like

No, like the color scheme made intentionally to resemble a well-known brand of toys, or like painting front of the barrel on the real gun red, which is common in toy guns. Intent matters.

1 Like

Yes, I was being facetious, however, Nerf is not one of their conversion kits. The person that owned the conversion kit painted it, and several other of his firearms.

1 Like

Ok I have to be honest. That’s the best looking Glock I’ve ever seen…

3 Likes

Think about the split second decisions LEOs make when they see one of these disguised guns.

2 Likes

As a prohibited person, I don’t believe he cared about the police, and no law will change that. There was a story several years ago about the police shooting a teen who was in possession of an AirSoft rifle, so, we know that the police shoot at any perceived threat.

1 Like