Police Officer vs hatchet during traffic stop

Did he pat them down? I would not want to touch that.

3 Likes

In my city, an officer who uses the slightest force against a pedestrian threatening, yelling, axe wielding psycho, becomes a poster child for how to get reprimanded, when innocent bystanders are extremely thankful, but the threatened violence was by a deranged homeless person.

3 Likes

Note as the officer turns to check out the car stopping as a “something’s not right” activity, he placed his hand on his gun, ready to draw. That prep move probably saved him a quarter to half second of response time when he had to draw. Good for him. This is a lesson for LEOs and self defenders both.
Pray for the officer; the psychological aftermath of having to kill someone is severe.
Pray for the family of hatchet man; no matter how evil or insane he was, they will suffer from his actions and the loss.

6 Likes

Can you Illinois members find a profile on this nut-case? I’m going to presume he was a UPITA or a GPA in his own family or neighborhood, and had had a history as a result with police. I’ve found nothing on websites so far.

4 Likes

When I worked Traffic we learned that there is never “A Routine Traffic Stop”

5 Likes

When a police officer has an unknown person unexpectedly stop at his traffic stop, he should go on high alert.

4 Likes

Yes that’s referred to as “staging your draw” and any time you’re alert enough to a dangerous situation that it allows you to stage your draw it can be a huge advantage in your self defense

4 Likes

And a good long waiting period

3 Likes

The video (car-cam and body-cam) made it to the Jessie Waters show on Fox last night. Jessie gave kudos to the officer.

4 Likes

Myrtle Beach is a long way from Naperville!

3 Likes

I definitely noticed that and thought exactly the same thing when watching the video.

2 Likes

Uncut on BitChute. Warning: more graphic.

“Dramatic bodycam video shows Naperville police officer fatally shoot hatchet-wielding attacker”

1 Like

At this moment the most detailed video is from PoliceActivity YT channel:

2 Likes

What does LEOs stand for?

2 Likes

LEO: Law Enforcement Officer

2 Likes

This same thing happened to my cousin who used to be a cop and his deputy except it was when they responded to a burglary call. They shot and killed him.

3 Likes

It wouldn’t have given Leftists another chip for their hit parade on guns.

1 Like