Pocket Dump: Date Night

Going out on a date (with your spouse or even a first date) may alter what you carry. Will there be cocktails involved? Are you finally giving in and going to a gun-free zone that your Significant Other has always wanted to go? Are you going on a first date?

Having gone through a divorce and reentering the dating world a few years ago, carrying added a level of safety I needed on a number of first dates. (Some people portray themselves much differently over text than they do in person… :frowning: )

What changes in your pocket dump for date nights?

2 Likes

What are these “dates” you speak of? :grin:

Just to add, in today’s crazy interweb world, a trusted relative or friend with access to your GPS location and some predetermined text codes could be a good thing.

2 Likes

Been married for over 32 years. Every Friday night is date night. Sometimes it happens to be in a gun free zone that presents challenges but I love my wife and if she wants to try a new place, it is her night so who am I to resist.

1 Like

I carry smaller knife, since my dress pants don’t have the extra pockets I carry my phone in. And, I am forced into a tuckable holster, which isn’t a problem either. My wife agrees, if they don’t want my gun there, they don’t want my money.

1 Like

At least two knives, a tactical pen/Kubaton and at least one firearm.

2 Likes

Sooo… my hubby and I had our first date at a gun range… gonna have to go with no, it didn’t change my pocket dump for ranges :laughing:
(IPSC match, he was competing. )

But that was before I carried.

3 Likes

I will usually go with a tuckable S&W hammerless 38

2 Likes