PMAG Glock

I’m. New Glock owner. I usually always go with OEM mags, but Glock is a little unique in its options. What are the thoughts on PMAG for glocks? Are they reliable? Would you carry one?

3 Likes

I have Glock OEM and PMags. PMags are my EDC. I have not had any problems with them and find them more durable than the OEM. I keep about 250 JHP rounds loaded in magazines in accessible places at all times in 10, 12, 15, 17 and 33 round magazines.

4 Likes

I have a few Glock Pmags specifically for my G 19 and G26 that have tens of thousands of rounds on them combined. My 15rd model for the 19 I have had for almost 4 years and it has around 20,000rds on it by itself. The G26 mag had to be replaced at around the 15,000rd marks as it started having reliability issues. I carry a 21rd Magpul in my back pocket as an O CRAP mag when traveling out of town when I might need more than the standard 16rds in the gun and 17rd reload.

I still feel in my heart the factory mags are the best way to go if you are only gonna have a few mags, if you are going to keep multiple mags (more than 10) I would say get the Magpuls as they do work and are cheaper.

3 Likes

“unique in it’s options”? I have no clue what that means.

I have a few of the Pmags. Mine have not been heavily used yet. So far no issues, and I would and do use them for CC. I use them as secondary carry (backup). The base plate is larger, and sticks out a little bit more. For that reason I use the factory mag for the primary.

2 Likes

At a little less than half the cost of Glock mags, I will have to try one.

1 Like

I’ve had no issues with them myself personally. I prefer the OEM Mags for my EDC, but I’m also one of those who keeps everything bone stock on my carry gun, with the exception of sights.

2 Likes

I also run oem mags as primary and run my Glocks bone stock except sights. I do however carry a Magpul 21rd in my back pocket as an emergency mag along with my 2 oem factory mags.

1 Like

I support that!

1 Like

I use the OEM and 10 round Magpul w/rubber GL plates.

2 Likes

Glocks aftermarket options are more abundant than any other handgun (except maybe the 1911) , even my M&P.

I’m going to pick up a couple OEM mags, and then collect Pmags here and there since they are always at the store.

2 Likes

I am really liking the 21 round PMAGS for at the range. Used to always think that 15 would be more than enough but after watching some real life home invasion videos and practicing a couple scenarios on multiple targets I’m now considering them for home defense. They offer better capacity without being overly long like I feel the 33 rounders are on a pistol. I just ordered a Glock OEM 24 rounder to see if it is in that sweet spot range as well.

4 Likes

I’ve done the same recently as well. Better to have extra than need more :man_shrugging:t2:. I’d also rather have the ability to take on multiple threats without a reload.

2 Likes

Grabbed two Pmags. They seem really nice :+1:, and they’re half the price. I was a bit worried they were too light and they’d drip slow during a mag release, but they seem to function %100 (haven’t shot them yet though, but I’m sure they’ll be fine).

2 Likes

A few years ago, when I had a Glock 23, the Glock mags did not drop easily. I hit them with a very fine sand paper and a scotch brite pad. After that, they worked great. Just don’t sand off too much!

2 Likes

Just an update, I played around with one of my Glock PMAGs today. I definitely think carry use should be Glock.

The PMAG is a great option for range time. I’ve decided that’s the mag I will drop the most for reloads at the range. If I had no other choice, I’d be confident with PMAG, BUT OEM is a choice and it’s clearly better.

Glock mags have a metal frame, pmags are just polymer. The follower in the Glock mag seems to be more forgiving than the pmag follower.

1 Like

My MR920 came with Magpuls, work flawless.
Tried my Poly80 mags in it, still reliable.

2 Likes