Please provide an example of systematic racism in America in the 21st century

Ok . On a lighter note ( no pun intended) I have another example a little less emotional. I am empathetic to everyone feelings about racism but I don’t think anyone can deny the fact that when we go to the range to shoot a USPSA match one only gets points for shooting brown targets and one looses points for shooting white targets. Sorry if this is offensive to anyone it is not meant to be and sorry moderators if this is posted in the wrong place. :slightly_smiling_face:

You sound like you don’t have a solid bone in your body. :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

It is important to distinguish between “systemic racism” and “individual racism”.

Systemic racism is discrimination based on race (or faith, or ethnicity, etc.) which has been codified in law and/or egregious practice by governmental units, corporations, or social organizations. For example, school segregation laws were systemic racism; Jim Crow laws, voter suppression laws, real estate redlining, differential banking standards, and so on. These were systemic racism because they were officially embedded and acted upon as part of policy. This is what’s meant by “systemic”; the racism is officially (even if in an unspoken manner) policy.

Individual racism has been around since the beginning of time and will be with us always. Internal racism may be indicated by choices in housing, schooling, social affiliations, etc. Being a racist is not a crime, unless you want to begin prosecuting thought crimes. Certain actions based in racism have been declared illegal and are liable to be prosecuted and punished, but simply harboring racist feelings is not “systemic”, even if it turns out to be common.

12 Likes

I got nothing. Best guess is culture not racism.

2 Likes

Any behavior that emphasizes race over merit.

5 Likes

Such as affirmative action programs?

6 Likes

Yes, to an extent - gimme a break from that Kit Kat bar - this is when “deserve” has everything to do with it. We’ve given in to appeasement policies when they’re race-based - and on-going, entitlement programs.

5 Likes

What exactly does this question have to do with firearms and forearm safety?

Just curious.

4 Likes

It has nothing to do with firearms or firearm safety, it’ just another inane topic started by mike270 which is why I have set him to ignore. :slightly_smiling_face:

9 Likes

I believe you are correct. He seems antagonistic. Thanks.

5 Likes

Equal opportunity anything is systemic racism as a minority I was never dark enough or light enough so go passed over for opportunities especially in public school. Public schools suck because of this and many other reasons. It should be merit based Regardless or race and all the other things but that makes too much sense.

6 Likes

Just makes me laugh & laugh & laugh. Sometimes I just like things for no apparent reason. Perhaps I have a mean streak hmmm perhaps not…

1 Like

How about biden is going to nominate a black female for supreme court? Seems racist and since it is the president, seems to fit “systemic”.

3 Likes

You are unable to find one because, there is none. There is more (and very obvious) racism from minorities, people of other cultures, countries and backgrounds, against white America men, American corporations’ white males and American conservative, religious, family oriented white males than the other way around. Don’t believe me, watch the Pravda media, listen to the city leaders, school boards, look through your city’s neighborhoods… Unfortunately, the white Christian conservative successful family-oriented male, is the ONLY groups that can be freely attacked physically and verbally without any repercussions. Ever hear of a minority charged with a hate crime for attacking a white person? Ever see rioting, looting, burning & murders going on because a minority killed a white person? Don’t call me racist, I’m pointing out facts. Those poor depressed, underdeveloped, underfunded, dangerous neighborhoods didn’t start out that way.

8 Likes

Facts are racist.

Everything is racist.

Why my kitchen oven is black?
Why my living room is painted in yellow?
Why we cannot walk through the intersection on red light?
Why the snow is white? Why, why, why…
:scream: :scream: :scream:

And… all these are systematic…

WoW… Just reading the comments in here you’ll find the racists and the problem. Those whom are racist; do not see themselves as racists. Racist people tend to claim not see racism cause its normal to their way of life. Having been a victim of racism; it’s difficult to read these comments.

There are literally millions of examples, but I will simply share my own experiences:

In Aug 1996, I was spit on, called every derogatory word, and assaulted by a group of white men in a convenience store in front of 2 white police officers for being a black man in a US Army Uniform with a Maroon beret.

In July 2005, a City of Alexandria police officer drew his gun, pushed his duress button, and claimed he was dealing with a “hostile black”, as I stood on a curb discussing with a white woman named Abby, about a broken down car we both nearly missed that was in the middle of road on a blind turn. The officer arrived on the scene, and immediately demanded I get down with my hands up. Abby and I asked why he was so angry, he then drew his gun and pointed directly at me and took two steps to his left before radioing for backup. Abby saved my life as she covered me and refused to move.

Aug 2010, Followed around a liquor store in Texas constantly being asked what I was looking for. Every bottle I picked up, the person would immediately grab from my hand and say “We’ll hold this up front”. They were not doing the same to the white people in the same store.

I have numerous other examples involving harassment’s at work, our organization being called a “plantation”, denied jobs, denied entry into an establishment, randomly accused of a crime, arrested then released…

I will just leave you with this, it is nearly impossible for you to understand when you are not a minority. Take the Amaud Abrey case, a simple black guy looking at a new construction home as countless other whites had done. The retired officer that recognized who he was decided he would round up his posse and go hunt him down. They did as their privilege afforded them to do from the 1600-2000’s. Countless “non-racist” claimed they were within their rights as they didn’t see Amaud as citizen with rights, they seen him as a non compliant n****r, the same as most racist see minorities.

The facts are, slavery, racism, Jim Crow laws, segregation, rights oppression, and prejudices did not just vaporize into thin air. No the version of chattel slavery doesn’t exist, it was replaced with incarceration. Jim Crow laws were simply re-written but still practiced TODAY. You want to speak of looting and burning? Look at what white people did during the Civil Rights movement, they burned HUMANS, murdered thousands cause black people wanted to have the basic rights the Constitution claimed to provide.

If you don’t understand the impact, perpetual, and residual effects of American injustices, racism, segregation, disenfranchisement, discrimination, and where they are today; than you never will. Your racist up-bringing and likely teachings to your children, blind you to the persistent detrimental effects of your, and your parents past. Racism is instilled and engrained in the very fabric of your being, that’s why you can sit back and claim “there’s no systemic racism”, its not systemic cause being racist, you think its normal.

3 Likes

That problem is from democrats absolute rejection to school choice. If you do your research, you will find that democrats have been suppressing black people for hundreds of years. The biggest example is the Civil War. Another example is the woman who started Planned Parenthood, pushing abortions, was another huge racist. Her plans were to eliminate black people through abortion. That is another reason they target black people.

If parents were allowed school choice for their children, bussing routes would be easily changed.

4 Likes

Thank you for sharing your experiences @Ryisheed . Unfortunately racism obviously still exists in the world. As a white male growing up in white suburbs I was never directly exposed to the continuing issues of racism until high school when I started hanging out with a few of the minority students who were bused in from the nearby city. I can still see it in action occasionally today with my current minority friends and coworkers.

There is an argument that racism is biological and groups of people will always identify with their “tribe” and distrust, and take advantage of when possible, outsiders that look and/or act differently. Regardless of whether this is true or not it is obvious that groups and governments throughout history have used racism to further their positions and disadvantage others. Those practices, personal and systemic, created a significant disadvantage for minorities in this country. A disadvantage that many minorities are still dealing with every day.

There will always be ignorant people who judge others by the color of their skin or what religion they follow, etc. instead of judging individuals based on their individual actions. But I think we can agree that we have come a long way over the past century? Certainly over the past two centuries? I have been denied jobs because less qualified minorities were hired ahead of me. While I prefer a meritocracy, I am not completely against a practice that is trying to undo centuries of racist subjugation. Though I would prefer that the playing field was leveled with equal opportunities for all from childhood so that all can be judged by their actions and abilities as apposed to the color of their skin. I know that is easier said than done.

The concern that I have for this country and for my son is that he is growing up in a world where he is now being judged by the color of his skin and being told he must pay for a past in which he, and actually even his ancestors as far back as I can tell, took no active part in. How much we may or may not have benefited from the color of our skin can be discussed. We certainly were not disadvantaged for it as so many minorities were and still are. I am concerned that some of the proponents of CRT who’s views I have read seem to be promoting an us against them atmosphere based on skin color that will only separate us further and completely undo the progress of the past several decades. We should definitely learn from our past and do everything we can to root out racism in the present. We have a long way to go but I believe we can get there eventually. But only if we keep moving forward and don’t get bogged down in placing blame on individuals for the past actions of their ancestors or the current groups we assign them to.

4 Likes

Thx for sharing the stories, @Ryisheed .
I can understand the pain. Perhaps I never experienced racism, but being immigrant from other side of the Globe,me and my Family unfortunately were discriminated several times by US system.
I was taught to be strong and never give up so after few years that pain was forgotten and healed.

6 Likes