Picture is worth a thousand words

Shamrock >>> so many things have changed. Kids have too much time on there hands and don’t use that time to help them self’s. In order to get money I would go thru trash and pull the copper windings out of electrical appliances and sell it to a neighborhood junk yard. When I saved enough money I bought my first shoe shine box and that was like hitting the lotto. A while ago people talked about cap guns an things. I paid for every thing I ever got. My parents told me if you want something figure out how to get it yourself and, I did.The point is why can’t kids/juveniles do positive things to help themselves today. PS I GOT A WARNING FROM A Moderator to go off line to continue our talk.
Enough said for now. Stay safe.

Truly
BLACKY

4 Likes

I agree with you, Blacky, and with much of what you’ve said in this thread.

I think one reason kids don’t do positive things to help themselves is that they haven’t seen that behavior modelled for them, or didn’t understand it when they did see it. These days, (makes me sound old, right?) kids are bombarded with so many deceptive and manipulative images it’s easy to see how they can get confused. Think of all the “content” out there, much of it mainstream, which glorifies crime and criminality, meaningless sexualization of everyone and everything, immediate gratification of any and all desires. It’s hard to drain the swamp when you’re surrounded by alligators.

Someone once explained to me that the criminal mindset was based on the criminal’s understanding of right and wrong. In their mind, what’s right is that they want something; what’s wrong is that they don’t have it. That concept can very easily lead to the justification of almost any action intended to right that wrong.

Solutions to these problems are often simple. Not easy, not easy at all, but simple. Good parenting comes to mind; easy to describe, hard to achieve.

OK, now I’m rambling. Time to end it, for now.

3 Likes

@Johnnyq60 Same on our car. And as far as an all lives matter flag I would display that also right next to good old Red White and Blue :us:. I couldn’t agree with you more brother! :us: I also have a sticker with :us: that states THOSE WHO DISRESPECT OUR FLAG HAVE NEVER BEEN HANDED A FOLDED ONE. :us: :us: :us:

9 Likes

Those who don’t support law enforcement may key off that sticker in a angry way to attempt to do harm to it’s occupants.

Altering the US flag is technically illegal, and certainly distasteful.

A

2 Likes

@Alexander44 >> Me and a lot of other people ( and I hope you did ) put our lives on the line for our USA flag. Look up the meaning of the black & white flag with the blue stripe. It’s to honor law enforcement officers that lost their lives in the line of duty. If you don’t like it that’s your interpretation and also your problem PS you’re not getting off to a good start.

2 Likes

@J.LARRY >> seems like people that conduct themself that way are part of the problem. :”looting brings shooting “

Pretty sure they do. I never bothered to look, but I’m sure I have seen them.

1 Like

Welcome to the family brother @Steve187 and you are in the right place at the right time.

What do LEOs think about the black & white flag with the blue stripe ???
What does it represent to you ? ? ?

1 Like

Hey @Blacky to me it means you are pro law enforcement and you support police, for those who made the ultimate sacrifice.

3 Likes

Attitude is everything.

SPD411 2000-2004

3 Likes

You do know that BLM is run by a Marxist group of people right?

3 Likes

The US is run by a bunch of corrupt kleptocrats but I’m not going to assume everyone waiving an American Flag is a corrupt congress critter.

3 Likes

I would certainly hope having a sticker on the back of your car would influence a Polceman or Sheriff Deputy. If it did every criminal would have one. Don’t you think?

2 Likes

If you don’t mean it, put iton your car. And for Pete’s sake, don’t let those communist BLM PEOPLE change your behavior!

2 Likes

@Thomas305 >> unfortunately the “ BAD GUYS OF ALL KINDS “ think they have a green light to run wild in every way. My town has become a combat zone, that’s why I joined USCCA.
PS : THANKS FOR YOUR SERVICE
:us::us::us:

2 Likes

@Shamrock >>> I live in New England and I’m sure there were more racial problems in the southern states back in the day I just never heard about it probably because the media wasn’t as widespread back then. I never experienced racial problems in my environment growing up. Every body that I could see worked and played together with no problem that I could see. To give you an example I worked side by side with a Laborer with doing pick and Shovel work digging holes and ditches to earn money. His name was “ Mr. Brown “ He was a cool dude & in the summer time we would take our shirts off to stay cool. We both had muscles popping out everywhere. He was a good friend & I learned a lot from him. I am white and I got extremely dark from being out in the sun but Mr. Brown always had me beat because Mr. Brown was black and he was my friend.
:us::us::us:

4 Likes

AND I thought that America was ran by, WE the PEOPLE for the PEOPLE.
We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.

3 Likes

I don’t know if this country has ever lived up to this ideal and certainly seems far from it now. The people I vote for almost never win and I know very few people who believe the politicians have been putting the concerns of the PEOPLE ahead of their own personal gain for a very long time.

2 Likes