Philosophical question

If a young teen is actively trying to kill people, he (it usually is a he) has promoted himself to adulthood and is subject to taking the asphalt temperature challenge. Not to be flippant, but I am only interested in that person as an extension of the gun which must be stopped.

2 Likes

It is not the gun which must be stopped, it is the person, regardless of age.

4 Likes

I would believe THIS POSSIBLE SCENERIO should have been long thought out BEFORE ANYONE makes the decision to arm themselves.
I have carried off and on for now 38+ years, both legally everyday/every minute with my former career and illegally (per political induced stupidity State laws…still legally under Constitution) when having to, in my travels, entering into or passing through known high crime areas.

And waaaaaaay before my decision on careers, which I knew also entailed carrying a firearm and would sometimes take me into some of the most dangerous areas where death by gunfire is an hour to hour occurrence…I made the commitment and understanding with myself that in this position and having a loaded, ready to go, firearm on my person, I would be holding an extreme amount of responsibility to ALWAYS do the “right thing”.
And with that responsibility comes the REAL POSSIBILITY that I may have to take anothers life someday.
THIS IS SOMETHING YOU SHOULD HAVE SETTLED WITHIN YOURSELF LOOOONG BEFORE YOU PURCHASED A GUN FOR SELF PROTECTION!

Thankfully I was blessed with 2 parents who BOTH held high integrity, honor and responsibility…who made sure that was passed on to their 4 boys.

So as far as age of attacker…means nothing to me. My natural instinct, from the upbringing I had, to make quick decisions of Right and Wrong…and do what is necessary to make Wrongs, Right…has kept me safe in some of the most dangerous situations possible, without fail, for now almost 60 years!

Part of the responsibility of being a conscientious gun owner is making those decisions before we arm ourselves. And likewise that is also why we get insurance like USCCA. Even when we make the right decision for the right reasons sometimes we need help to make sure we are protected from a system that sometimes fights against us.

1 Like

I spent a long night consoling a young soldier who was checking out a hooch when mama took an AK-47 out of a basket and pointed it. He shot her.
Then her young son went for the AK. He shot him.

Years after 'nam he is still crying over this.
He was the night watchman at a candy warehouse the last time I saw him

1 Like