Pet Peeves

I am sure a lot of the people in our community have pet peeves. Some of mine are, don’t pick on the elderly, don’t pick on the handicapped or incapacitated, and don’t mess with our children (kids) and don’t be a bully. What are yours? Opinions and discussions.

17 Likes

I pick on the elderly. All my friends are elderly. I will pick on the handicap, incapacitated if I think they are up for it. I pick on children when they can take it and I bully bullies. My philosophy is love love, and abhor evil.:upside_down_face:

5 Likes

In addition to yours, I despise the teacup and wrist grip, both in movies and on the range!
IMG_3033

People with attitudes on a live fire shooting range ( makes for a dangerous day, during an otherwise fun day out ). They are the same people that grip in this fashion.

People that disrespect women, kids who think the world owes them and cashiers that can’t give the correct change without a cellphone/calculator!

The ultimate pet peeve…
Fake leaders that can’t walk a straight line!

Or people who check their watch at funerals!

11 Likes

Ego, Massive Ego. Ego’s with nothing to back them up. Don’t act Smart, Badass, Attractive, Virtuous, Athletic etc. unless you really are.

11 Likes

People who neglect to take care of their vehicles,
particularly blinker fluid, which makes it unsafe for other motorists when they weave in and out of traffic.

Wrong use of apostrophe’s

Kids who disrespect their parents

10 Likes

Anybody who goes out of their way to find something to offend them.

Just off the top of my head. I have many many others but don’t want to write a wall of text.

11 Likes

People demanding more than they should be given; people using their position to use others weaknesses; liars and bullshitters.
Does anyone have any idea why those pop up around every corner these days?

8 Likes

More than they earn

8 Likes

And their leaving a large gap between the web of their hand and the top of the grip… :sunglasses:

9 Likes

The list is too long these days. Short version: people.

12 Likes

A lot of what you or I would call a pet peeve is straight illegal in a malum in se kind of way so I’ll avoid those.

Not-illegal annoyances:
Cutting in line, be it pedestrian or vehicle.

Standing in the way as if nobody else is there, when you know you are in the way (and we know you know, stop pretending)

People who blast their short barrel 5.56 with a muzzle brake next to others, including new shooters, timid shooters, and youth, at an indoor range

7 Likes

That reminds me of the Eddie Murphy bit about the Honeymooners if they were gay. Hey, Norton, I know that you know, that I know, that you know that I want you to **** me up the ***. He did a good job with the voices and their vocal tics. It was quite funny.

2 Likes

Thought this was about pets…oh nevermind

7 Likes

5 Likes

:astonished:

See also… Lynne Truss — Eats, Shoots & Leaves: The Zero Tolerance Approach to Punctuation

3 Likes

I’m going to get a dog and name him PEEVE. Then I too will have a pet, peeve.

On a more serious note, the thing that drives me nuts in movies is the fake recoil jerk on a gun, and or, the gun that has NO recoil when fired. OH, and " tactical" tacticool reloads of a magazine when the character has only fired three shots from his 15 round magazine.

9 Likes

People who refuse to acknowledge the dire situation the country is in, because it is uncomfortable.

11 Likes

That’s a pet peeve… :sunglasses:

7 Likes

After I RETIRED, retired my wife told me about 6 months ini needed to find something to do.
I became a school bus driver ( for special needs children).
My pet peeve is adults (read parents) that will not discipline their kids, let those kids disrespect everyone whenever the kid wants too!

11 Likes

I guess I have a few, though I share with the many of posts the same pet-peeves. But in addition: I don’t suffer insolence well; recalcitrance; public reputation assassination without a cause; slanderous behavior; false witnessing: a lying tongue or forked tongue, a thief, or a cheat; voluntary ignorance; pretentiousness; and of course, speeding in a school zone, or willfully messing with my stuff.

5 Likes