Perhaps the Bitterness and In-fighting about the NRA Should End!

Wayne does need to go. For the kind of money he is making he can pay for his own clothes.

4 Likes

Ahhh, yeaā€¦no.

I give to GOA. I havenā€™t see a few thousand dollar suit on any of them yet.

3 Likes

Iā€™ve been in agreement with much of what you have posted, and feel many of the same sentiments about the use, and waste, of our troops. But I donā€™t understand an insult fired at an unspecified target, for unspecified cause. The NRA has not lost my support, it has lost my UNQESTIONING support, for some moves and maneuvers that made me very uncomfortable as one who was represented by them. And yes, Wayne LaPierre is directly responsible for some of those things. Heavy handed fundraising, combined with the appearance of lavish spending seriously undermines the credibility of both donor, and recipient.

If I am in error, please show me the error, and I will thank you for it.

The outrage they generate in us is well justified, but if we respond in kind by hurling insults, how is that not also being tricked into doing their work for them?

Respectfully, to an honored veteran who served our country,

D.S.

4 Likes

Everyone settling for corrupt leaders who spend most of their time telling us what we want to hear while they stuff their own pockets at our expense is exactly why this country is going down the toilet. And why my 2A supporting dollars go to organizations other than the NRA.

6 Likes

Exaggerating and judging people you donā€™t knowā€¦ welcome to the left.

Agreed

The party I have been registered with, sent me a questionnaire.

It asked me a series of questions it undoubtedly knew how I would answer, otherwise, logically, I would not have been registered as one of that party.

While it glaringly gave no room for, much less asked for, even the briefest of comments. It DID have a very generous allotment of space for pre chosen donation amounts, and, multiple ways to do so, to go along with the very compellingly given reasons they should not be given up on.

It smacked heavily of a high handed fund raising effort, where interest in my wishes, and evaluation of their past performance, were neither welcome, nor allowed for. They did not chose my answers, but they did strictly limit what questions I could address, and how.

It is not just the NRA who have recently behaved in ways that cause, (if not demands), a reasonable doubt.

5 Likes

Yes @Elza1 , I disagree with you so I must be communist.

6 Likes

Something very strange has happened since a few folks joined the groupā€¦it used to be friendly, useful, and not judgemental. Current state is sad. Can moderators fix it or add some rules to fix it? Thanks!

4 Likes

Sorry Greg, I may be wrong, but what has the NRA done in the last year? I have been a NRA member off and on for around 40 years. Just not feeling it now. Please prove me wrong, and I will rejoin.

They may be the big dog, but some dogs donā€™t hunt.

2 Likes

United we standā€¦Divided we fall. Which will you choose? God Bless America :us: :pray: :heart:

1 Like

Itā€™s not like the NRA has a monopoly of fighting for our 2A rights.

I contribute to the GOA, SAF, and CRPA.

I make the left proud, I guess :roll_eyes:

5 Likes

Is everyone here a USCCA member? Seems like the members are supportive, but if the forum allows nonmembers weā€™re going to gave to deal with caustic personalities.

You donā€™t have to be a member to join the community, There have been MANY complaints in the past that the moderators give preference to non members and those caustic personalities you speak of ( Iā€™m not a member, but have spent a lot of time reading past posts)-- under the pretext that they donā€™t want the liberals ā€œscaredā€ offā€¦ heckā€¦ there are a lot of caustic personalities who ARE membersā€¦ go figure.

1 Like

the moderators donā€™t enforce the existing rulesā€¦ what will more rules do?

And youā€™re wrong, go back and read some old postsā€¦ there are those members who wonā€™t discuss, they insult, call names and are never held accountableā€¦

This post is a great example of whom you speakā€¦

1 Like

I give to the GOA and have found their fund raising very similar to the NRA (and others)ā€¦ but the NRA is singled out.

1 Like

Welcome @Bill51, as for your commentā€¦ I am obviously pro-United We Standā€¦ so I donā€™t understand your question.

The NRA has issues, but there is more than just law suits (and I hope to see those increase). There is firearms safety, youth hunting classes, lobbyists, classes much the same as USCCA. There is even more if a person is willing to check them out.

Most people just watch the lame stream media and make unfair or uneducated judgments.

The point is (which seems to be missed my many) is if the NRA falls, the left will be emboldened.

I will continue to donate to the NRA, GOA, 2AF, and my local 2A Groups. One group, by itself, cannot succeed.

1 Like

Tell me, @BeanCounter, how many ā€œ2Aā€ people on this site (or even this post) complaining about the NRA buy their coffee at starbucks? They hate the police, the 2A, conservatives, families and people of Faithā€¦ How many of these people shop Target? Anti-family, Pro-baby raper, anti-America??? Walmart?? Pro-China, virtual slave labor, putting mom & Pop stores out of businessā€¦??? Did you or any of the NRA haters know that their Black Rifle Coffee Company donates to anti-2A groups??? And yet, the NRA is the enemy.

This site is VERY useful and informative if certain people would let it beā€¦ but noā€¦

There is truth in what you say @Elza1, as I detailed about the political party Iā€™ve been registered with.
I too felt the NRA had good things to offer, which is why I was so disturbed by the bad practices and optics they allowed for.

For far too long, the center, right, has been too quiet, and too unwilling to fight back. Itā€™s often that way when an aggressor feigns being a victim to prevent the peace loving from fighting back. But now they are becoming dangerously bold. Breaking the law, ( when they do it ) is excused and ignored, and legal actions, even duties, are punished when the center, or right, begin to resist back.

I see it as much the way America has been heading into some of the great conflicts. Woefully unprepared and under armed. Itā€™s so bad that now they are raising the stakes through the roof in order to crush and suppress any resistance to all the advancements they have made.

But make no mistake, many on the left are true believers, believing everything they are told. I go out of my way to talk to those who are willing to carry on a half civilized conversation, and so far, I have found people who whole heartedly believe the CNN version of the world, and dismiss any other news out of hand, as false, often, going so far as to dismiss the meaning of vows and admission out of the lefts leaders very own mouths.

Itā€™s a real problem. What does one do when oneā€™s own partyā€™s representatives donā€™t do what they were elected to do? Itā€™s not like there is much in the way of alternative when they refuse to perform, or turn on you. You are left with having to create your own things from scratch, much like the center, right is now having to do with internet services because the commonly available ones have been completely coopted.

Itā€™s going to be a hard road no matter what, so we best get to it, because itā€™s not going to get any easier.

1 Like