Perfect new - no mods required

This may be ignorant, but are these still being sold? I always run into the security 9 and figured that was what Rugar pushed these days.

The SR9 for $350 looked like a solid gun choice, especially for the money, but I’m not as interested in the Security 9.

I bought mine new a little over a year ago. With things the way they are they might be harder to find now days.

2 Likes

Have a sr9e worst weapon I own. Fits my hand perfect, aims spot on, just beautiful when it runs. Light primer strikes way to often. Sent it back 3 times. Last time told them not to return it. They did. New barrel, slide insides. Sits in the metal box. Ruger is a fine company this weapon is just cursed.

2 Likes

I had one light primer strike. When i pulled the striker it was covered in brass shavings. Cleaned it out and switched from my range’s cheap ammo to Blazer Brass and hasn’t been an issue since.

The light strike was during my third range visit and within the first month of owning it.

1 Like

Yeah they said it might be the ammo so I gave them a list of all the ammo I use.told them it was odd they all work in other firearms.

1 Like

Not really. Each gun is different, and each ammo is different. So you’re going to have some guns that have issues with some ammos but not others and vise versa.

I could understand if it was 1 or 2 brands/types of ammo, not 7 or8. All name brand, no reloads. Even my c9 runs better than this. Lol

I purchased a Sig P320 RX when they first came out, it would shoot every ammo EXCEPT Sig V-Crown. FTF, FTE every time.

1 Like

One thing I’ve really liked about my M&P Shields. They’ve cycled everything I’ve put through them.

3 Likes

AS a builder of 1911, most mass-produced guns are full of MIMS parts and I won’t trust them with my life, so every new pistol I get, I take it apart and replace the MIMS for forged parts and polish all mating surfaces to a mirror finish and I like Big Dot glow sights. I own a custom, hand made 1911, 5" barrel and S&W M&P 9. Won’t have anything else. YMMV

1 Like

Maybe it needed a hammer or a drop for V-Crown :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:.

1 Like