Penn. man, 76, allegedly kills wife and daughter while cleaning gun, says he's 'best of the best' at shooting

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/penn-man-76-allegedly-kills-wife-and-daughter-while-
APennsylvania man who allegedly shot and killed his own wife and daughter told police he was the “best of the best” when it came to his abilities with a firearm, ABC 6 reported.

Roger Hanks, 76, was charged with two counts of first-degree murder and related offenses in the deaths of Judith Hanks, 75, and Emily Hanks, 37, in their East Marlborough Township home on Thursday.

Hanks told police he got into an argument with his wife while cleaning his Smith & Wesson 2.0 9 mm handgun, FOX 43 reported, and told her “if you keep up this thing is going to go off on you.”

He then allegedly pointed his gun at her and told her that "if she did not shut up and leave him alone that he was going to ‘plug’ her,'" according to court documents reviewed by ABC 6 Philadelphia.?

Whoopsi! Where’s Alec?
I can hear ‘Mom’s without Morals’ Screaming for Gun Confiscation as we speak!

Thanks Dead-eye Roger Rabbit ! Thanks for Nothing!

I can hear the Lawyers Cha-Chinging about Smith & Wesson ‘The Gun just went off TWICE’ LAWSUIT!

** Badgering an Elderly spouse while they are cleaning and Threatening you is just stupid!

7 Likes

First degree murder sounds about right.

:frowning:

10 Likes

TWO COUNTS… Just Clarifying.

6 Likes

Not the right time to brag about your abilities with a firearm. Should have pulled an Alec Baldwin, blamed everyone else and claimed ignorance.

5 Likes

Sounds like it was S&W MP9 2.0 Smart Gun - Voice Managed.

“if you keep up this thing is going to go off on you.”… and she didn’t shut up… :face_with_open_eyes_and_hand_over_mouth:

4 Likes

What kind of idiot cleans a loaded gun???

6 Likes

I am not saying who was RIGHT or WRONG here BUT!
ANYBODY who is Yelling at somebody who is cleaning their gun
and have been badgering this person about 'You do Nothing, You are Nothing!
(and probably visibly getting MADDER and MADDER is …
Poke Boop GIF - Poke Boop GIFs

Just sayin’

5 Likes

You’ve got THAT right brother. Seems like stupid is epidemic in that household…

4 Likes

Well …to be honest… Not anymore :upside_down_face: :dotted_line_face: :dotted_line_face: :dotted_line_face: :dotted_line_face: :dotted_line_face: :dotted_line_face: :dotted_line_face: :dotted_line_face: :dotted_line_face: :dotted_line_face: :dotted_line_face: :dotted_line_face: :dotted_line_face: :dotted_line_face: :dotted_line_face:I ain’t afraid of no ghosts! :dotted_line_face: :dotted_line_face: :dotted_line_face: :dotted_line_face: :dotted_line_face: HOUSE FOR SALE—Crime scene clean up necessary :dotted_line_face: :dotted_line_face: :dotted_line_face: IF interested cal the State penitentiary and ask for dumb-ass—they will know who you seek!

3 Likes

but he is “the best of the best” so he is that kind of idiot

3 Likes

As a Pistol/Rifle Instructor - 77yo - I am a strong supporter of 2nd Amendment.

But - Here - There ARE some people who should Not own a gun.
Or even be let near one.

1 Like

Will never know the reason why someone would do
this to their family. Stress about every problem are in
this world and it is a nightmare for everyone.

I was married for 26 years to a beautiful women which
we had our share or mistakes and misunderstandings,
but I would never destroy her. When she passed
away 8 year ago from heart failure, my heart nearly
was emotionally ripped out of this lost. I would be
dead before her with out her good graces. I grew up
a lot in those years.

I do not know what would cause a person to start
cleaning a firearm and shoot your family. Stop and
walk away or get help from the right sources. Do
Not feel ashamed to seek or ask for help.

I have been with USCCA for over 7 years and it
is a great place to be.

2 Likes

I agree that it is not smart to poke the bear. Though there are tens of millions of firearm owners out here who I am sure have been poked by family members on more than a few occasions. Seems that only an incredibly small percentage of them choose to react to the poking by using their firearms on their own family. The majority of us seem to be quite capable of keeping our “evil” firearms from acting on their own to kill innocent people.

1 Like

THIS^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ wasn’t about THE GUN
I agree Sham 100%
There was a Firearm involved TRUTH.
This was a TOXIC house and the Anger, resentments, Fueled
this Catastrophic event. I’ve NEVER been Poked/Verbally assaulted
Antagonized, ABUSED by anybody in my life since I left my abusive Father.
(and I had guns back then too! and I NEVER thought the world would be better off without him)
(By MY hand anyway)
Throwing away my life to rid the World of Evil (dear old dad) wasn’t my job.
If a situation gets bad, goes South you GET OUT!
Waking up EVERYDAY to ABUSE is INSANE.
It isn’t easy to leave, financial, Other obligations, Kids etc but it’s better than spending the rest
of your day’s in Prison for killing the Abuser. THEN THEY WON anyway, you proved them right.
My FREEDOM is PRECIOUS to me. Always has been

Besides killing an Innocent (even an abusive one) leaves a mark on your soul (that’s my belief anyway)
I have zero problem Defending myself or Innocents
I have zero problem with Fighting for my Rights and Country
But I have NEVER pulled my Smoke Wagon over an arguement or situation unless it was a Threat to bodily harm or self D.
Millions of Gunners do the same Sham that’s true.
But people who are damaged by life and bad situations SNAP…it’s inevitable.in some sad cases.
Radicalized people who are susceptible to that sort of Indoctrination/Brainwashing happens all the time now.
I keep my Friends close and my enemies closer.

1 Like