Patriotism and Actions That Conflict with the Message

Then there are the purple who think “God bless America” is the national anthem. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

1 Like

The VFW (at least ours does) should have a respectful, flag retirement program.

2 Likes

The picture here is one of our new products. It is our blanket with the United States Flag design. We are not using a real flag as draped clothing for this advertisement.

I will be sure to pass your feedback along so that we can keep this in mind going forward.

1 Like

Regardless, the photo is in poor taste. It is likely to propagate bad behavior. Some people see others doing something (no indication that this is not a flag) and they automatically think it is OK to emulate.

The flag represents the Republic, therefore the constitution. It should be held in high regard and respected. There probably shouldn’t be a blanket that looks like the flag and gets treated as something else.

3 Likes

:notes: This ain’t no rag, it’s a flag :notes:

What about head coverings?
I’m sure a lot of people proudly show their love for America wearing what may be offensive to the late great patriot Charlie Daniels.

@Jonald >> that blanket of the Flag may be a Expression of protection or some other positive

good meaning to them they may have and mean no harm. Their
Not trying to change it like the switch hitter mercy gray. There are a lot bigger fish to fry with intended disrespect for OUR U.S. FALAG don’t you think so.

:us::us::us:

2 Likes

The American Legion takes old flags as well.

3 Likes

I agree with you on all of this. It does drive me crazy when I see the flag on the back of a pickup truck or flying on a poll all tatted, but i try to overlook it. As far as the pic though, how do you know it’s not a towel or blanket? The rules only apply to the flag as a flag not to clothing and stuff made with the flags image or likeness.

2 Likes

Hi Blacky,

There are plenty of fish to go around. I believe in setting good examples. And I believe that having a solid foundation in the basics would resolve some of the other issues.

I also believe that an organization founded entirely on the basis of an amendment of the constitution should want to hold itself to a higher patriotic standard. I wouldn’t have posted this on Facebook. I expect the standards here to be higher. I expect the members here to hold themselves to a higher standard.

Isn’t that the point of USCCA? To attain a higher standard than society expects? To set the example for others?

@Jonald >> make no Mistake about what the United States flag should mean and does mean to me. A flag is a flag and should be treated with respect and honor. If someone wants to have a ( image of our flag ) on something that does not defame our flag than that’s the right of that person cause it’s their flag to. And we guarantee that right ( it’s called freedom of speech ) >>> A FAG IS A FLAG not a hat or pillow.
I respect your view point on Our flag. Your view point is freedom of your speech.
PS: there is no higher standard any where for the people that served their Country including ( VETS ) in the USCCA Community. It’s your way or your highway.

@Mikelneo Welcome to the community, we are glad to have you here. Stay safe, Brue and Nancy. :us:

@Mikelneo >>> way to go. Welcome <<<