Packing for a last-minute get-a-way and self-defense

Your significant other has set up a last-minute relaxing weekend getaway to a quaint town about two hours away that you both have wanted to visit.

You have 30 min to pack for the trip, what do you pack?

3 Likes

A 2021-07-23 08-54-28

… if I catch him in 30 minutes… :roll_eyes:

9 Likes

Clean underwear, Momma always said to put on clean underwear every morning. :grinning:

5 Likes

That is a great advice!

Just remember to take a shower every morning as well… otherwise you are free to use the same underwear… :crazy_face:

BTW… I forgot to check my cat… there is no spot for a litter box :scream:

4 Likes

I can pack for a 2 week stay, in 30 minutes. Since I would already be wearing my CCW, all I need is the clean clothes to take with me.

4 Likes

I’ll take 5 minutes and still go to the bathroom. 5 minute prep tops.

4 Likes

My wife would be borrowing 20 minutes from me.

6 Likes

I’d pack my disintegrator raygun, because clearly my wife has been replaced by an alien invader clone. (No way my real wife who plans a month or more ahead with exquisite detail would be inviting me to a last-minute weekend getaway.)

“Relax. Sleep. Don’t worry, it’s not a pod.”

8 Likes

My clothes are already sorted so I will grab 2-3 changes of clothes, my toiletry bag and 2 bottles of water for the ride. I am always wearing my EDC, and my Get Home Bag is already in the car with extra stuff. Anything else we need, we can get while we are there.

7 Likes

I have to agree with @Alces_Americanus , it takes my wife 2 days just to make plans to go to the grocery store.

5 Likes

Her bags!

7 Likes

The scenario should be more along the line of a GOD bag. That would be more fun to think about.

But, most of the humorous answers here are best.
Also a note, it’s 1 hour from our place to the nearest city/town, so another hour really isn’t that big of a deal.

Meds
Pillow
All the regular stuff on my Batman Utility Belt
Clothes
GHB x2 (pull the other cars bag)
Keto type car snacks
Kindle/book

3 Likes

Peanut butter sandwiches, coffee, Gold pan, fishing poles and gear, guns, clothes, and girlfriend.

4 Likes

Is the girlfriend to mak you sammiches and bring you beer?

No I’m not really like that. It’s just a stereotype Neanderthal joke.

2 Likes

She goes shy with the peanut butter. I like it spread thick! By the way, a good women has no problems making her man a sammich or bringing him a beer. A good man would appreciate a good women like that because they are precious! I love my girl !!!

6 Likes

I just grab my weekend getaway bag which is already packed.

2 Likes

A picnic basket
Cash
An appropriate change of clothes, including outwear for weather
.38 Roscoe and one or two speed loaders
Meds
Camera for capturing memories
Road map (yeah I’m a Retrograde)

6 Likes

In truth, my pack/travel technique always considers a possible zombie apocalypse.
Not too much, but not too little.
Enough to reach a re-supply.

3 Likes

Appropriate clothing and shoes
Toiletries
Flashlight
Knife
2 Extra Magazines

6 Likes

Packing for a weekend is easy. Regarding self-defense, I’ll have my standard EDC stuff … tactical knife, pepper spray, gun, and 2 mags. Leaving home, I typically bring a spare box of self-defense ammo as well.

4 Likes