Over a Dozen "Early Retirement" Announcements by House Republicans so far

I can’t speak to all the early retirements and decisions not to run again but I have been noticing more than a few of them are from slightly more centrist candidates. They know they have no chance of making it through their own party’s primaries.

One reason for early retirement is to allow the Governor or electorate to hand pick a replacement. Incumbents have a a massive advantage due to their ability to do favors for the big money backers so this gives the picked candidate a head start over their opponents.

4 Likes

Another possibility is that many of these people are likely realizing that the music is about to stop and the wheels are coming off of our economy. Not a bad idea to get out of Dodge/DC before the pitchforks come out.

3 Likes

Unfortunately Common decency has left the building.

6 Likes

@Paul552 Welcome to our community, we are glad to have you with us. :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Hello and welcome @Paul552

1 Like

Good riddance! Clearly they’re full from sucking on the guvment teat. Now they’re off to grab a cushy position with a Beltway Bandit.

4 Likes

Welcome Paul to the USCCA Brother and Sisterhood!

'WE have only (2) BATHROOM choices: MALE and FEMALE! as it should be

So ends USCCA PSA Programming for tonight. Good night—Boop! :crazy_face: :crazy_face: :crazy_face: :crazy_face: :crazy_face: :crazy_face: :crazy_face: :crazy_face: :crazy_face: :crazy_face: :crazy_face: :crazy_face: :crazy_face: :crazy_face: :crazy_face: :crazy_face: :crazy_face: :crazy_face: :crazy_face: :crazy_face: :crazy_face:

1 Like

@Paul552 Welcome to the community!

1 Like

I’ll bet many of the Repubs that retired early wind up with cushy lobbyist jobs, or high up management positions in Dem owned Companies. The Dems are are so desperate to maintain power and keep Trump out of office they are literally buying the House 1 seat at a time. The Repubs that they are buying off are literally more scummy than the people buying them as they are selling out the people that supported them and this great country!

4 Likes