Over a Dozen "Early Retirement" Announcements by House Republicans so far

One of the most consequential happenings in politics today is the “Early Retirement” Announcements by republicans.

From the Gateway Pundit-
The fact that over a dozen House Republicans have recently announced their early retirement, or their intention to not seek re-election, should raise alarm bells for everyone, because these decisions are not by happenstance. They are coordinated and serve the specific purpose to keep President Trump off the ballot. As their attempts at lawfare appear to be falling apart one-by-one, from the debacle in Georgia involving Fani Willis’s rendezvous with the special prosecutor Nathan Wade, to the kangaroo show trials in NYC, with petty judges and prosecutors such as Letitia James, Arthur Engoron, and Juan Merchan, being exposed for the radical, far-left operators they are – President Trump’s political enemies are getting increasingly desperate, and as a result of that desperation, are strategizing to now switch control of the House of Representatives before election day. If they manage to pull off that feat, which is becoming increasingly likely with a diminishing House Republican majority, the product of intra-party squabbling and general incompetence of Republican leadership, and Democrats retake control, President Trump’s enemies will be able to more easily pass legislation that would disqualify him from the ballot. This is because if the House flips to Democrat hands and Speaker Hakeem Jeffries takes the reins, he will be able to coordinate with Chuck Schumer in the Senate more easily, who already controls a majority in the upper chamber. At least up until the November election, there will be no divided government: Democrats will have majorities in both congressional chambers, plus the White House. Thus, the House, Senate, and White House can collude to pass legislation that would exclude President Trump from the ballot because, according to their absurd construction, Section 3 and Section 5 of the Fourteenth Amendment allows them to do so.

9 Likes

Is there a list? :thinking:

1 Like

They may as well have the majority in BOTH chambers right now. Too many of OUR representatives are unwilling to GROW A FRICKEN PAIR and STAND UP AGAINST the insanity of the dums spending and disregard for OUR NATION’S CONSTITUTION. They actually vote with them anyway! CAN YOU SAY UNIPARTY!

The ruling elite.

I should stop now, leaving you with one more thing…YOU had better make them pry that gun from YOUR COLD DEAD HANDS because they ARE coming…

6 Likes

List of U.S. Congress incumbents who did not run for re-election in 2022 - Ballotpedia

I have voiced this before. The sooner we all get it right in our heads there is NO two party system the better off we will be. The SHAM Impeachment(s)
They are all still in place aren’t they? (YES!) Mayorkis is still there! Pudding, Butt-head , Hunter is still free ! etc. They have to pass away before their seat can actually be filled these days. Santos is making a comeback! (it won’t work)—even this obvious POS can’t possibly get back in that would be too much—You can’t reinsert a TURD once it’s expelled from your ass.
The Trumpinator did some stoopid sh8t (we all do)but his heart is in the right place. But he is NOT part of the establishment swamp. (and that’s what irks these Vermin, he can’t be controlled) This Gooberment is a ONE party system, They collude with each other to keep the POWER LEVEL in place. Oh sure when they go too far they select one of the lesser’s and throw them under the bus to appease the shattered masses. But the Evil train keeps rolling down the tracks. (Until they need a train for a distraction/environmental disaster to fit their narrative).

The only early retirement I want to see is a Headstone for these Tyrannical cretins…did I say that out loud?

7 Likes

As of March 27, 2024, several members of Congress have announced that they will not seek re-election in 2024. Let’s take a closer look at the Republicans who are retiring from public office:

1. Kyrsten Sinema (Independent, Arizona) announced her retirement on March 5, 20241.
  2. Joe Manchin (Democrat, West Virginia) made his retirement announcement on November 9, 20232.
  3. Laphonza Butler (Democrat, California) declared her retirement on October 19, 202334.
  4. Debbie Stabenow (Democrat, Michigan) announced her retirement on January 5, 20235.
  5. Ben Cardin (Democrat, Maryland) revealed his retirement plans on May 1, 20236.
  6. Tom Carper (Democrat, Delaware) shared his retirement decision on May 22, 2023.
  7. Mitt Romney (Republican, Utah) announced his retirement on September 13, 2023.

In addition to these senators, 25 U.S. House members12 Democrats and 13 Republicans—are also retiring from public office. The reasons behind their decisions may vary, but it’s clear that this election cycle is witnessing significant changes in congressional representation.

Please note that this information is based on official announcements and may be subject to updates as the election season progresses.

3 Likes

WWG1WGA

2 Likes

Not running is one thing. Early retirement is another matter.
These dudes were elected by their constituents to serve a full term.
Absent of serious illness or other extenuating circumstance, early retirement signals a lack of respect for their constituents, or worse.

8 Likes

Worse is several of these are being done in a way to thwart any possibility of constituents to replace them with candidates of their choice. By scheduling the “retirement for urgent reasons” months in advance (oxymoron), the rules either don’t allow for elections before the term ends or allow for appointments by governors. Absolutely election interference and shifting power from we the people to tyrants. We will have a speaker Jeffries before November.

7 Likes

WOW! While I agree with some of what is said here, remember one thing - WE (American voters) put these dysfunctional people into office. If we keep putting people without common decency in positions where they need to demonstrate respect, we will continue to have these issues and more. The older I get the more I understand how important my vote is. Once these folks are in office, we are along for the ride.

7 Likes

@Fred95 Welcome to our community, we are glad to have you with us. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

AMEN MY BROTHER!

I want the hemp rope industry to thrive like never before.

6 Likes

LOOK FAMILIAR :question:

IMG_5078

Now we know something terrible is coming! They’re all headed to their WALLED in compounds complete with guards and guns!

I’ll miss Mitt Romney…NOT!

6 Likes

Hello and welcome @Fred95

2 Likes

@Fred95 Welcome to the community, and yes sir we need to be very sure of who we vote for, but then again, there are a lot activists, anti- gun groups, and such registering as democrats running for government positions just to do away with our Constitution, and make their own rules/laws regardless of taking the Oath to upholding the Constitution of the United States of America.

5 Likes

Y’all didn’t think the GOP was for America did you? They and the democrats are one and the same, the interests of the country or the people they are supposed to represent stopped meaning anything to them decades ago.

5 Likes

Due to the opening of our borders and what appears to be no law against, we American Citizens are not what put the present people in office, the non-American Citizens (immigrants illegally here and otherwise who have not become citizens) who are allowed to vote put them in office. Is there any other country who allows non-citizens to vote? Something is wrong with our allowing such voting to happen. Oh I forgot! American Citizens don’t matter anymore.

8 Likes

Hello and welcome @Starlette

1 Like

@Starlette Welcome to the community!

1 Like

Welcome Starlette! to the fold! That was the BEST first post I have ever read!

3 Likes