Outdoor ready!

Stay outdoor-ready with your “Born to Protect” gear!

Community_Summer_Camping_08_14-2020

Having an extra bag and water bottle on hand is a great way to be prepared while camping! (And don’t forget your hat and sunscreen!)

What other items do you have extras of when you go camping?

4 Likes

It’s supposed to be 105 degrees here in Texas for the next few days… so I will want this…

ac tent

8 Likes

Just about anything that could be considered a point of failure to the camping experience.

3 Likes

My extras

My wife’s extras

:wink:

Plus I love @TexasEskimo’s idea :+1:

5 Likes

Is a kiddie pool full of ice water allowed?

6 Likes

Those are some nice goodies and I have to get back to the USCCA store and order more stuff.

2 Likes

How about one of these to carry all that stuff?

4 Likes

Back when my boys were in the Scouts we would go on road trips to camp sites that had “rustic” sites and within hiking distance (6 miles ish) that were “undeveloped” (ie: flat spot in the woods with a fire pit) The younger Scouts and older leaders would stay at the main camp and the older Scouts and younger leaders would load up what we felt like carrying and head off to the undeveloped site for an overnighter. It doesn’t take long to figure out that comfort means weight and weight gets heavier the farther you go. Water was your biggest friend and worst enemy at 8.3 lbs a gallon. In general you were preloaded with 25 lbs of water and “household gear” (pot’s, pans etc) anything else was up to you to include food. Most packs came in from 45 - 65 lbs of course the big draw was that one or two of the leaders would bring a 22 rifle / handgun and a brick of ammo and we would set up a “Scout Safe Range” have a firearms class and let the boys shoot, I was a BSA Range Master and ALWAYS got elected to go :roll_eyes: It didn’t take more than a trip or two to figure out the bare necessities and how much tolerance you had for “comfort” items.

Cheers,

Craig6

4 Likes

The first pic are extras? I would call those basic. I will not comment on what you claim are your wife’s.

3 Likes

Yes, those are my extras… this is my basic:

I do not comment my wife’s extras. :crazy_face: It’s too dangerous.

4 Likes

Paul Bunyan, where is your Blue Ox? :laughing:

3 Likes

:joy: :joy: :joy: :joy:

They took him away… :astonished:

3 Likes