Outdoor Range Hearing Protection Question

Does anyone know about TETRA HEARING DEVICES, are they good and worth the $$$ ?

1 Like

Never heard of it.

Pricey.

2 Likes

I ordered a set from the USCCA and they work fine for me. I can’t comment on the TETRAS because I never used them.

3 Likes

Are you talking about these for $700? :scream:
Never used them… because of the price… hard to comment. I’m wondering what would be so great comparing to similar protection within $50 -$100… :thinking:

3 Likes

@Jerzees - I was considering the pair for $999.00. You do a hearing test and the company programs the hearing protection to your individual right and left ear. I was looking for any others who may have purchased these to get their opinion.

2 Likes

A cursory look at their website makes it look like they are strongly geared toward improving a hunter’s ability to hear the hunted game as well as provide firearm blast protection.

Since “most” of us are not hunting anything at the outdoor range, it does not seem like it would be worth the price for the enhanced game hearing feature. However, if you also plan to use them for hunting, then maybe they are worth the price to give you an edge with your game harvesting. If you can justify the cost for improved hunting, then it would make sense to use them at the outdoor range as well.

4 Likes

@Gary_H - Thank you.

1 Like

@Gary_H got a point.
Looks like spending $999 just to filter gunshots is way too much.
But if these may help in other situations… that might be worth…

1 Like

I was thinking of these for the range but also the tactical officer range. The targets pop-up in windows, from behind objects, etc, etc. Sometimes a target will pop out just behind or over your shoulder so hearing the sounds I feel would help.
This is my reasoning. I appreciate opinions from all and wonder if anyone has used these and their opinions.

2 Likes

Seems these are new for us.
I never thought these might be a good for anything else than shooting and it was completely out of my mind when I saw the price for the first time :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

There are many electronic ones out now for far less that have multiple mics for sound input (360 degrees) that can enhance environment and vocal sounds while suppressing gunshots. I don’t have any of that type, but a friend does, and likes it.

2 Likes

@Dave17 - Thank you, I’ll keep investigating.

1 Like