Open Heart/Bypass Surgery

It’s great to hear that you are doing well and progressing, Gary!

My mom had triple bypass surgery when I was in high school, so I have seen firsthand what the recovery process looks like. Keep getting better every day and you will be back to the range and gym before you know it!

2 Likes

The ankle will stay numb. Mine has been numb since my first triple in 1996

1 Like

That’s not what I wanted to hear, but I will happily take a numb ankle for the rest of my life over my previous prognosis.

1 Like

I had 6 way bypass, no numbness anywhere, although I still suffer with uncontrollable angina, basically like having multiple heart attacks every day. :disappointed_relieved: But if I have learned anything in the 16 years since, its life moves on so make the best of it no matter how problematic your days or nights get, its up to you to stay positive. I am a semi permanent member of cardio rehab, on my 15th stint. The upside is pretty nurses and exercise!! :grin::grin:

3 Likes

Well, I’m going back in for yet another stent. A walk in the park compared to the 3x by-pass.
I’m blessed. Really.

1 Like

Prayers sent. From what I’ve read you are right this should not be as bad as what you’ve already been thru :+1:

When do you go in?

1 Like

Late January or early February, I don’t have an exact date yet. I should find out when I’m schedule for the pre-op testing this week.

2 Likes

had an attack that they tell me should have ended me… woke up on the op table during… they ran something through my wrist/artery and placed 3 stents in my heart… turns out my attack was agent orange related… VA comp now at 60%… agent orange… USMC 1968 Tet… took me awhile before I could get around much without feeling poorly… doing much better now but still on meds… have to watch my diet… avoid processed foods… interesting thing here… just watched a youtube from a guy that claimed 1 meal a day was actually proper for humans… said our ancestors lived that way for a long time??? thing is that’s pretty much what I’ve been eating for the last 3 years… OH and it’s mostly meat stews with vegies cooked in a insta pot… and here and there fish… feel fairly well most of the time but here and there I still get slowed down… weather mostly I think???

3 Likes

I have lived off of one meal a day since 1982. I eat a regular lunch every day, NOT FAST FOODS. My first triple was in 1996, the second was in 2012 and they tell me I had a heart attack on that one even though I had no problems or symptoms. In 1996 I just broke out in a sweat and felt like someone had shined a bright light in my eyes. I had three blockages, two were so old they had bypassed themselves

2 Likes