Oklahoma goes Constitutional Carry!

Luke Skywalker blew mine up decades ago.

Thank you for the reply @MikeBKY … It looks like I have some homework to do. I live about 40 minutes from the OK border and travel there often.

3 Likes

I believe two of the 16 states are resident constitutional carry only. The other 14 are constitutional carry for anyone who can legally carry a firearm, limited by minimum age for that state but not by their state of residence.

@MikeBKY MO’s constitutional carry is 19 or older, all persons who can legally possess, regardless of state of residence.

4 Likes

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

@Zee,

I have my LA CHP. but say if I brought my mother, who does not have MO permit(But is going to take one of the classes you shared with me, at the expo this coming March in Kansas City, MO she could carry…hold on wrong example! Shes a resident. Say, Joe Blow from California lol he would be able too?

How much are tickets? However, it worked out perfect for me being my mother lives there!

2 Likes

I have looked at the MO and OK statutes and obviously the KY statute for Constitutional Carry and, based on my reading, without giving a legal opinion, non-residents can carry concealed while in those states subject to their laws (age limitations, weapon limitations, location limitations). My advice to anyone traveling is spend the time to get a good idea of the law in each jurisdiction you enter. Start with the USCCA reciprocity map. Often, state police can be helpful.

3 Likes

I believe that is correct, @Randall318, your friend Joe should be able to carry as long as he’s not personally restricted.

2 Likes

This should be the law of the land all across the country!

2 Likes

Joe Blow was just an example! :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

“MY Friends are, Jesus, Leah, my grandmother, and each of you) Hey, I’ve got the best friends ever in book.”

2 Likes

I have not checked these out, but they come from a reliable source. Idaho, North Dakota and Wyoming are RESIDENT ONLY constitutional carry states.

2 Likes

I’m really happy for so many of you getting the Constitutional Carry passed in your respective states. I’m very sure many of you have heard or have read that “if you’re going to have Concealed Carry here in Illinois and Chicago they are going to make Illinois into the Wild West” well the Legislature and Senate are still waiting (and hoping) it will happen in my view, my opinion. But here in Illinois Constitutional Carry we have a better chance of Chicago turning Republican. But bless all of you and Happy Weekend to my Community Buddies.

1 Like

here’s the Wiki answer… FWIW :wink:

As of November 1, 2019,

• Alaska
  • Arizona
  • Arkansas
  • Idaho (residents only)
  • Kansas
  • Kentucky
  • Maine
  • Mississippi
  • Missouri
  • New Hampshire
  • North Dakota (residents only; concealed carry only)
  • Oklahoma
  • South Dakota
  • Vermont
  • West Virginia
  • Wyoming (residents only)

do not require a permit to carry a loaded concealed firearm for any person of age who is not prohibited from owning a firearm.
Permitless carry in Idaho, North Dakota and Wyoming is applicable to residents only; nonresidents must have a permit to carry a concealed handgun in these states.
All aforementioned jurisdictions do not require a permit to openly carry either except for North Dakota and certain localities in Missouri.
Constitutional carry - Wikipedia

2 Likes
3 Likes

They did a nice job on that video

2 Likes