OH Washington State

That happens everywhere in the US. Most of Sacramento is on a flood plain protected by some very ancient levies for example. A late Spring rain on all of this winter’s snow could put those levies to the test this year. Most of the cities, towns and communities along most of the rivers and streams in the US are in the same sinking boat.

People just don’t think about long term consequences in this country when building homes. The good news about AZ is that the flooding that does occur is usually very localized. Though you do have to take forest fires into account because you can get water flows beyond historic levels from runoff after fires. Flood insurance is a good idea for most properties even if they aren’t next to a stream or wash. Don’t completely trust the flood maps. They do a very bad job of identifying worse case scenarios.

2 Likes

Just so yall know there are three lawsuits against the “assault weapons ban” Oh wait, they are now calling it semiautomatic military style weapons ban.

3 Likes

Mt. St. Helens…and 1 of Mt. Hood. My sister’s in that area. Starting the hike on St. Helens, I coined the term “rock vomit” walking through those fields of lava. My son was 2 days out of MCRD San Diego… it’s been awhile lol.
2013-08-19 09.55.37
2013-08-19 12.43.54
2013-08-19 09.59.20
2013-08-20 18.40.00

7 Likes

I did the Rainier loop a while back (in my misspent youth). Well worth the time and effort.

3 Likes

I read about that hike. Sounds like it’d be a great week. I just got back from WV, house search combined with hikes. Kicked my butt, but had some fun. Met some real nice folks, and just a beautiful and free state.Thinking about one last hurrah in the White mts. in another month, before my knee and foot totally fall apart.
Seneca Rocks…did it twice, 'cuz every good time bears repeating.

7 Likes

Looks like a great time. I have been through WV several times and different routes, but no extended trips. Impressive views. Hope you like it there.

2 Likes