‘O AR-15’ — A New Christmas Poem | Pacifiers & Peacemakers - USCCA

In 2015, I penned my re-envisioning of Clement C. Moore’s infamous Night Before Christmas poem. My version included several 2A references and shooting-themed twists. Since today is Christmas Eve, I highly recommend reading (or perhaps rereading) that blog post!

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://www.usconcealedcarry.com/blog/o-ar-15-a-new-christmas-poem/
2 Likes

O.K., Beth. That was kinda cute and was fun to read :santa:
I hope you and yours have a great Christmas. Flyboyaga

2 Likes

You sure have a way with words. Very creative!
Merry Christmas!

1 Like

Great adaptation! That reminds me that I need to get out and let mine sing a few carols!
Merry Christmas!

1 Like

I’ll admit that was kind of amazing. Merry Christmas Beth and everyone.

2 Likes

That was exquisitely inspired, Beth! No hatin’ from me in the comments for that divine rendition of an old favorite. Merry Christmas!

1 Like

Ok. I am a gun enthusiast. But I do not find this amusing. Although I am not a deeply religious person mixing weaponry with the birth of Christ doesn’t seem appropriate. Face it, guns are weapons. And especially now guns are a political hot topic. The season of peace and joy is not a good association. I’m probably going to get a ■■■■ storm of responses on this. But it’s just my opinion.

Robert: I am a Christian but I have never figured this song was very “religious” in the first place. An older gentleman friend of mine used to mock it by saying “ let’s worship the Lord …Oh Christmas Tree Oh Christmas Tree” and then switch the “Joy to the World”. I take no offense from Dawn or you and intend non either. By the way welcome to the community and a very Merry Christmas to you and the rest of thee USCCA family.

1 Like

Nicely done!!! Thank you for the entertainment,
Merry Christmas to you and your family.

1 Like

I like the pic, the AR is beautiful

1 Like

I sent this to my baby brother who has a few AR’s and he loved it!

1 Like

Your liking this or Not. The important thing to remember is because of because of the 2nd The 1st and 4th and are still in place so you can have an outspoken opinion.

Great poem Beth, hope you have a Great New Years and thank you for writing this poem I will treasure it.