NYC Concealed Carry - Leaked Document Recreates Stop and Frisk

NYC will be searching citizens they have a “reasonable suspicion” of carrying a firearm and they will be considered “armed and dangerous”. “Anyone carrying a firearm is presumed to be carrying unlawfully until proven otherwise.” Of course, it exempts police officers, even off-duty and retired.

It makes almost all of Manhattan a prohibited area- at minimum, makes legal carry impossible as one is likely to encounter a prohibited area at some point in one’s travel. Here are some of the prohibited areas; churches, libraries, parks, zoos, bus terminals, subways, subway stations, train stations, buses, trains, theaters, arenas, performing arts centers, museums, galleries, Times Square, etc. Here is the site that published the document. Below are snapshots of the contents of the document:

8 Likes

Looks like a clear and blatant violation of the 2A and 4A. Now we just have to wait the several years it will take to work it’s way up the court system:(

9 Likes

My heavens, they pretty much locked the entire city down. A Felony? For people that are under the the thumb of government fire arm licensing? All I can say is I’m glad I live in a state that’s 2A friendly.

8 Likes

They left out “any place exposed to air, sun light, shade, moon light, fluorescent lighting, LED lighting and dog toys”

10 Likes

…and this is why today’s email and snail mail contained multiple offers to buy my house here in west/central CT. Freedom is relative.
The last 3 sales on my street, all New York transplants.
Funny, one guy was telling me how the NY couple who just moved in had a party, and the guests were loud, so the NY woman transplant across the street went over and told them “we don’t act like that here,we respect our neighbors”…and they did right after that.

5 Likes

I don’t get all of the hubbub. Just make them all illegal, including personal security, or make them all legal. No double standards. If their lives are valuable enough to protect, so are ours.

Just like the student bailout. If they don’t think their edication is worth paying for, why would I?

5 Likes

Move to Texas.

5 Likes

Buy your gun at your local NY gun store BUT DON’T WALK OUT OF THE STORE WITH IT!

5 Likes

I’d rather visit Mexico

2 Likes

Join the NYPD :wink:
Problem solved.

2 Likes

Makes me wonder why California Bay Area cities didn’t think of that first. :roll_eyes:

5 Likes

A friend was NYPD (retired) - I will pass on that.

1 Like

But you can carry then not blaming stupid system.
:wink:

1 Like

I don’t live in NYC, and don’t plan on ever visiting again. The last time was about 40 years ago… :sunglasses:

1 Like

Yeah… there’re so many other great places to visit.
NYC is on the bottom of my list as well.

3 Likes

Did a project in Queens a while back. Spent several weeks there. All I can say is New York is Huge but when there it seems tiny/cramped.

2 Likes

No, don’t move to Texas and screw it up the way you screwed NY up. There is too much of that going around. You can’t change your d.s. NY thinking just by moving to another state. Stay there and fix what you screwed up.

2 Likes

I am from NYS, not NYC, but I guarantee I have not screwed-up Virginia. Not everyone in or from NYS is a “bleeding heart Liberal”. Many are not, especially from most of the rest of the state that is not part of NYC - where most of the Democratic votes come from. Big question is are those votes by actual voters? :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Change it to From California to Utah - We have the same crap here. I get very disgusted when I hear “In LA we could just…”. Don’t come here and try to change Utah into anything, come here and enjoy our freedoms.

3 Likes

Guilty until proven innocent.

5 Likes