NRA Lawsuit

1 Like

so if I read that correctly, they’re going ahead with the lawsuit to block increasing the minimum age to purchase from 19 to 21, but they’ve dropped the petition to keep the names of the 19-year-olds anonymous… is that what you read it to be?

1 Like

There needs to be a flat cut off date of when you’re an adult. After that age you can make any purchases and participate in any legal activities you choose.

1 Like

^^^^^^ This
You can fight for your country (and die) at 17.
You can vote, have an abortion and buy a rifle at 18.
You can finally have a beer/drink at 21.
You can have consensual sex in NJ at 12.
You can vote/buy cigarettes at 18.
You can opt out of High School at 17.
You can become emancipated at 16 and have sex in most states.
You can become President of the United States at 35.
You can FINALLY come off your parents Health Insurance at 26.

By the time I was 20.5 years old I had been in three fire fights, carried a machine gun like it was an extension of my right hand and had been in more countries than I had states and was getting ready to re-enlist and I still couldn’t have a beer. I may have not been “All growed up” but I was doggone sure an Adult, making adult decisions,

Cheers,

Craig6

3 Likes

@Zee that is the way I read it s well. The NRA dropped the appeal so the case could go forward on the merits.

1 Like

that’s the way i read it Zee.

1 Like

Something’s wrong here… just plain wrong. (Personal opinion)

1 Like

New Jersey… doesn’t surprise me, grew up in NYC so its a mutual hate… just kiddin’

1 Like

I grew up in NJ and joined the Navy at 17, somebody had to explain to me what “16 will get you 20” meant :woozy_face:. The first time I needed gas out side of the state I sat there for 10 minutes waiting for someone to come pump my gas :pleading_face: . In NJ FIRST AID vehicles have BLUE lights and as a member of the Vol. First Aid Squad I had them in the grill and back deck of my 1977 Thunderbird.

Imagine my shock and confusion when a set of blue lights refused to pass me for about 5 miles as I slowed down to let the “First Aid” car go by. The VA State Trooper laughed at me and let me go but made me take the lights out of the grill and back deck and disconnect the siren :flushed::flushed:

Cheers,

Craig6

1 Like

New Jersey’s age of consent is 16 like a majority of states in the US. They, like most states also have a “Romeo & Juliet” exception for minors between 13 and 15.

2 Likes

Then I stand corrected, I am glad they updated it. Back in the 80’s it was common knowledge in High School, no telling if it was true then either. Thanks for the clarification @MikeBKY !

Cheers,

Craig6

1 Like

ok, now that’s funny but not surprising for both NY and NJ…

1 Like