NRA files chapter 11

Like you said recient cases that I am sure the NRA was involved with. The big picture is if the NRA goes down so will the rest.

1 Like

No, they were not. It is easy to verify, the Internet is literally at your fingertips.

2 Likes

When you ride on the coat tails of a larger organisation , no one mentions who the coat belongs to. GOA is no threat to the establishment, these laws and bllls are just ment to force gun groups to spend money. Look what happend to Remington.

That has consistently gone along with every major gun control bill? No, GOA, SAF, and all the others do not ā€œride on the coattailsā€ of the NRA. They do not believe in negotiating our rights away. Even in Virginia, the NRA has not been effective, but the VCDL has been. I foolishly believed in the NRA, and became a life member. The one thing the NRA does right is their training, I am also an NRA certified pistol instructor. So I do believe in the organization, just not their adherence to protecting our RKBA, which history and current events shows they are quite lacking in that regard.

The NRA supported the 1934 NFA, and the NRA president at that time stated he did not believe in private ownership of handguns. They have supported every other major ā€œgun controlā€ law passed since then; the 1938 FFA; 1968 GCA; 1986 FOPA; 1994 AWB; and recently the ā€œbump stockā€ ban and ā€œcertainā€ red flag laws. As the adage states, with friends like that, who needs enemies?

2 Likes

The NRA didnā€™t do things by themselves. It also took the vote and voice of the people backing their position.

Also most of the recent cases won, were filed by SAF and GOA while the NRA has been pretty quiet about things.

1 Like
2 Likes

Canā€™t really blame them for wanting to get out of NY.

3 Likes

If, when they reincorporate, they restructure the top executives, Iā€™ll look at re-enrolling as a member.

4 Likes

I was about to say the same man! šŸ™‹šŸ¾

Maybe the NRA will get the message. This could be a blessing in disguise. The death or end of the NRA may have been greatly exaggerated!

:v:t5:

1 Like

I would rather go to Florida than go to New York. Why would anyone want to go to New York ?

5 Likes

To meet Detective John McClane :smirk:

2 Likes

How about to cook on Food Network, on Beat Bobby Flay?

1 Like

Still prefer shooting over cooking :wink:

Ok, cooking with one of the Food Network chefs might get me to go to NY. :slight_smile:

Something like this should get the NRA back on trackā€¦so letā€™s not just knock them, but observe the things they do to get the focus back.

Iā€™m pretty sure the membership is really been motivated to get the right leadership they want. I knew when Oliver North backed away something wasnā€™t right. I just didnā€™t know what it was.

I know this is an old thread, but thereā€™s been an update. A federal judge has denied the NRAā€™s bankruptcy. They are stuck in New York.

Judge dismisses NRA bankruptcy case in blow to gun group (apnews.com)

1 Like

So what does that mean now?

1 Like

Please visit the new thread about this situation:

1 Like