Now, how others really see you

We’ve already started a thread on how you want to be remembered. Now let’s see how people will remember you.

How I See Myself

How Others See Me

11 Likes

Beauty is only a light switch away.

3 Likes

Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder.

6 Likes

“Beauty is only skin deep, but ugly goes right down to the bone.” This is an old one. Have no idea who said it first.

5 Likes

I thought it was a paper bag away?

5 Likes

How I see myself.

How others see me.

5 Likes

How I see Myself

How others see Me

6 Likes

@G.Washington >> it’s a little crowded in here.

5 Likes

Yep? In the face of danger…breathe?

1 Like

2 Likes

@Todd30 >>> I will remember you didn’t save me some cake <<<<

OH, I have some cake!!!

4 Likes

I don’t know how others view me, but this is how I view myself :joy: All in good fun!

Screen Shot 2021-06-29 at 2.29.28 PM

4 Likes

9 Likes

Use 2. In case one rips.

I have found that how I see myself is more important to me than how others think of me. I have to live with myself and they do not. Where my life is based on different things than in your life there will only be some things that we are similar in. In here, our paths have crossed because of our concern for self-defense.
As some know here, I am a Chef as well as a Certified Instructor. My being a chef has me serving food to people and making them happy. Some customers ask me what I like to cook and I do have to say that my cooking has nothing to do with me. If it was about me everybody would have peanut butter and jelly sandwiches for lunch.
So, whether or not I can see myself as others do? I really am not worried about it but I do care if you like what the chef is cooking. grilled Cajun Blackened salmon Caesar salad sound good?

2 Likes

The Man In The Glass

When you get what you want in your struggle for self
And the world makes you king for a day
Just go to a mirror and look at yourself
And see what THAT man has to say

For it isn’t your father or mother or wife
Whose judgement upon you must pass
The fellow whose verdict counts most in your life
Is the one staring back from the glass

Some people might think you’re a straight shootin’ chum
And call you a wonderful guy.
But the man in the glass says You’re only a bum
If you can’t look him straight in the eye.

He’s the fellow to please, never mind all the rest.
For he’s with you clear to the end
And you passed your most dangerous test.
If the guy in the glass is your friend.

You may fool the whole world down the pathway of years
And get pats on the back as you pass.
But your final reward will be heartache and tears
If you’ve cheated the man in he glass.

AUTHOR UNKNOWN but from a Dear Abby column 40+ years ago

1 Like

Pg. 87-92 (ISBN: 978-0-935998-80-1)

Scenario

http://www.leg.state.fl.us/Statutes/index.cfm?App_mode=Display_Statute&URL=0700-0799/0790/Sections/0790.10.html

A person who has knowledge of FL statutes and constitution, located in the state of FL, has a CWL and is “jogging”. The person is concealed using an IWB holster with a semi-automatic handgun. During the jog, the concealed carrier travels along a trail which is approximately 5-6 ft. wide, wide enough for two people and looks to another person who is approaching at a different speed e.g. walking. At 15-25 yards, the concealed carrier scans that individual and keeps eye contact. The concealed carrier is not certain if he/she first identified the presence of the person. The concealed carrier notices the “approaching” person looking to the concealed carrier and notices person has an expression of “worry, concern, derision, irritability, etc.”. The person’s expression is conveyed when looking to the jogging concealed carrier, but concealed carrier is not able to determine if eye sight is directly placed to an area of concealment on the body. The person looks angry. Given the distance while task loading, the jogging concealed carrier sees the expression but does not look down to the waist to check for unconcealment of the handgun. The concealed carrier does not physically check, “touch”, the area of the concealment at that time while looking at the approaching person. As the distance lessens to 5-10 yards, the concealed carrier notices the approaching person seems visibly “upset and angry” while continuing eye contact. No words are exchanged at that time. The concealed carrier keeps notice of the person’s demeanor. The concealed carrier IS NOT AWARE of his/her own facial expression or his/her own perceived resting state of facial features. Within 3 yards of passing the person, the jogging concealed carrier secures the area of his/her body where the handgun is concealed by reaching for his/her waist while instinctively looking at the person. After passing the person, the jogging concealed carrier does a direct visual check of his/her IWB and is now aware that his/her shirt has revealed the handgun. The concealed carrier is not certain of when and where his/her unconcealment occurred. The concealed carrier is not certain of imprinting. No words were exchanged between the two persons and there were no other persons who were present in the defined area. The concealed carrier continued jogging.

Later that day, the concealed carrier becomes aware that there was possible “improper brandishing” of a weapon.

–I’ve thought about this scenario many times, which could have similarly occurred when reaching for a consumer product at a gas station (e.g. a bag of chips located on the bottom shelf) or when jogging from a gas station to a retrieve a belonging at the next store. The scenario can occur within seconds, especially if the background is set at “low-light”. Facial expressions can be CONFUSING, especially when somebody has been staring at you. A mirror is not always accessible. Conducting regular checks for proper concealment requires practice and can be situationally awkward. Knowing your own facial expression (e.g. zero feedback) is a really difficult task.
–simply a thought.

Another scenario.

After a long drive where your handgun is appendix concealed, you stop at a gas station to use the restroom.
After entering restroom, you don’t lock door. You use the toilet/urinal and sink. You look to the bathroom’s mirror and begin to check your handgun. As you are manipulating your handgun and/or magazine(s) “at waistline level”, somebody enters the bathroom. (Time) You turn to face that individual with your handgun either in hand OR palm over the exposed/holstered handgun.

–pause–

Think: What can you say?