NOTICE: Facebook And Google Indexing Your Firearm Serial Numbers

De facto attempt at registration. You post a picture of a gun on Facebook, they have your name, address, telephone numbers, they know you have a gun, the type and have an idea of how many you have. The NRA and other Firearms groups have been battling against this for decades. The Serial number is somewhat irrelevant. They know your friends and who you associate with… This is one of many reasons I refuse to set up a Facebook account.

This data can now be used to dox gunowners, given to the government, used to ban you from the platform. Nothing good will come of this.

1 Like

Hey @OldGnome, I realize I’m posting on an ancient thread, but I just happened to notice it now. Your comment made me think of an old Twilight Zone episode, To Serve Man. The visitors from another galaxy told the people they had nothing to fear and to put their trust in the visitors as people of earth were about to be given many helpful innovations.
The visitor had brought a book entitled To Serve Man. Many people were invited to visit the other planet. Just as one of the scientists was boarding the spaceship, his colleague ran out with the book screaming that they had decoded it. “It’s a cookbook!”
Never trust anyone who holds secrets and says it’s for your own good.
As you observed, “Of course not.” Nothing to worry about.

1 Like