Not buying the ammo shortage

It’s basic economics, law of supply and demand. Demand is high, supply is low as manufacturers struggle to keep up. Manufacturers are saddled with the additional burden of quarantines and difficulties throughout their supply chain as well.

And quick editorial comment as well, one that will make me very unpopular. Gun owners bear much of the responsibility for the current shortage. I have always been a “gradual stocker,” one who purchases every couple weeks and builds up an inventory. Watching my fellow gun owners purchase GROCERY CARTS full of ammo or ordering $5,000 in one purchase online in preparation for the apocalypse tells me we are part of the problem. Is it our right to purchase as much as we want, when we want? It sure is. But don’t be surprised when an already stressed supply chain can’t keep up.

5 Likes

I agree that ammo is difficult to find and expensive when you do find it. However situations such as this are the reason people should have more than 20 or 50 rounds on hand.

3 Likes

Everything is made per schedule. Some just in time. Just because fruit loops are on the shelf doesn’t mean lysol, tp, sanitizer are. People are worried & scoop up what they want. Many bought weapons, grabbed ammo & other supplies. Yes covid has a part in this also. Once supplies are short it is harder to maintain stock. Just how it works…

2 Likes

Folks with shotguns who can’t get pistol ammo. Still see lots of shotguns for sale, pistols not so much…

1 Like

A few ammo makers’ responses shared below. Been seeing some shotgun ammo; Bullets- not so much. On a positive note, the turmoils of 2020 also resulted in many more supporters of 2A values and beliefs:

Free Enterprise is playing out. Hopefully this will inspire more millionaires to get into the ammonia business