Not buying the ammo shortage

@Dawn - Sister, didn’t mean to put you on the spot. Not the intent. I understand our LE and military need to be well prepared for any eventuality. They have my backing. There just hasn’t been a lot of ammo consumption on their part. Are they expecting an escalation in violence? Are there near-term foreign engagements planned?

1 Like

I just spoke to someone yesterday that informed me that his supplier with primers for self reloads told him that DHS / Social Security Admin seized 98% of the available primers & brass available.
Rounds are being seized in whole as well.
He asked when there would be availability?, His contact explained that not only are they seizing the reloading parts but the equipment / powders needed as well.
Firearm manufacturers / suppliers were told they have newly mandated production limits to keep the populace temporarily “ Incapacitated” & further require compliance from manufacturers or face excessive fines / jail time!
Firearms manufacturers shit these communist down!
They won’t obey the 2A rights, verify all contacts & collectively cut their supply chain off from being able to cut us off!
What goes around comes around! Another thing-, quit reporting everything you make!

2 Likes

Now this is scary sh!7.

1 Like

@Aaron40 RUMINT or real inside scoop? Searching the interwebs and not a peep…

@Justin47 thank you brother you explained it better than I did

1 Like

It’s actual. If I say too much about how I obtained this info it could compromise the source. This is very very very… real!

1 Like

Remington
Federal
Winchester
Fiocchi
Armscor
Lake City ammunition plant
Cci
Plus many more ammunition companies make ammo non stop but there is a shortage and to say its for a lack of raw materials then how are they working 24hrs a day 7days a week making this ammo like they say where is it all really going

2 Likes

I am Retired and I involve myself with several people from several background agencies / branches that are part of our government in some way or another or people that have been & still have their inside sources.
There are several of us investigating what’s going on.
Now here’s a simple one to think about this will prove this is not a theory:
Every manufacturing company under any label or name, merged or solitary, direct US manufacturing or overseas imported ammo manufacturers…
Every single one is completely out of stock of all & every type of .38 Special ammunition.
Anyone and everyone the world over? Yeah right.
Here’s a news flash : For several decades the .38 was the primary firearm used by Mil / LEOs across the government.
Several of these were retained as an option to the more modern weapons platforms.
With that… they were & still are the least cost effective round. They can also be cross used with .357’s
This is not a rumor or fairy tale.
This is just one example!

2 Likes

You also have to figure in all the new firearm owners, And those who acquired a new firearm in a new caliber
How many times have you read about new gun sales shattering records or New Permits being issued,
New rifles using pistol ammo…
Supply and Demand = shortages…

1 Like

Most new gun owners Probably only bought a box or two of ammo. I highly doubt many of them stocked up on large amounts. And all of this talk about new gun owners me personally have not met not one new gun owner since all of this started

1 Like

I didn’t feel that you did at all, @Jeff-A1. In fact, you have me looking at it a bit differently now. I hope that this is just a tinfoil hat moment for us, but there’s definitely a chance it isn’t. :frowning:

Stay safe out there!

1 Like

@Aaron40, I’m trying to figure out your meaning of the above. I’m not doubting you, just asking for a clarification. Most LE agencies I’m familiar with switched over to the 9/10mm or .40/45 in the late 80’s or the early 90s. While one of my backups was a 38 (or 380 depending), I really don’t know of many LE agencies that still use them. My familiarity is with east coast and government agencies so if you could share your knowledge that would be much appreciated.

2 Likes

I’m getting this new gun for Christmas. My ammo supply will be nearly unlimited. My new EDC.

5 Likes

Dont put a brace on it or the aft will come a knocking

3 Likes

Someone will want to save the rubber band trees…

2 Likes

They kept a ton of them in back vaults because of economic viability (.38 specials) on the cost PPR.
This is what I have been told from a source that claims they’ve received this from someone that knows.
I personally have not seen these stockpiles but it does make sense to some degree & based on the viability of economics would seem to validate some merit.
Sure everyone is going to the semi-auto mode since the 80’s & 90’s … but consider this:
If We the People are willing to have revolvers because of economic viability & we all know the government loves the lowest bidder alternatives, Why wouldn’t it be feasible?

1 Like

Thanks for clarifying, I appreciate it. I just wasn’t following it the first go round. I’ll have to make some inquiries with some Feds I worked with but it sounds reasonable. I did some research and about 50 NYPD officers were still carrying revolvers but had to give them up by a certain date a couple of years ago. PA also has some in use.

However .38 Spl and .357s and (sigh) even .45ACP are considered by and large obsolete for law enforcement and military.
The greater demand is for 9mm, not only for the military and law enforcement, but civilians (especially new gun owners) as well.
Which market are ammo manufacturers going to supply first?
The market with the greater demand.

1 Like

Import ammo is way, way, down. That’s’ certainly part of it.

In the last six weeks shotshell target loads have disappeared as well. I talked to a range owner three weeks ago who had just placed an order and was told delivery would likely be April / May 2021 at the earliest. I can see (not necessarily buy) the run on pistol caliber and rifle rounds. Where are all the shotshells going?

1 Like