Not a threat to the public.

Oh my God, news report from Maryland. Man runs out of woods and shoots two children playing outside and runs back into woods.
Police say, "NOT A THREAT TO THE PUBLIC ".
Really, how can they say that?
I’m Flabbergasted.

3 Likes

I didn’t look at the video, but I did not see that assertion in the generally incoherent written version.
Lot of times “not a threat” would mean the suspect is confidently identified and in custody.

Might also mean that a specific target or motive is identified and does not appear to be “everybody”.

In the second version, “not a threat” would mean something like — “no more than yesterday or tomorrow” or “no more than any of the other random bad guys at large in the community”. Always there is some threat to the public — from this guy, or the other guy…

2 Likes

I wonder what the connection is between “a suspect allegedly emerged from the woods and opened fire” and “They had been part of a group of juveniles allegedly pounding on the shooter’s doors and windows, and the teen allegedly kicked in the front door.”

1 Like

What I didn’t hear on the Fox News report for this entry was, THERE’S NOT A THREAT TO THE PUBLIC.
On our local Fox station here in Florida that term was said.
Was the local Florida station trying to beef up the story?
I think I’ll try to find out why they said that.

1 Like

What? Impossible!

To me, any “emerged from the woods and opened fire” seems like a threat to public.

2 Likes