Nope, Nope: For the NewBies: Nope, Nope. Nope

@Zachariah1 welcome to the team. We are glad to have you.

1 Like

Well "ignorants’ kinda means the same as the defintions given. Dang, it was just an opinion to think about when dealing with people new to the sport.

1 Like

See reply to kevin29.

1 Like

Yup. I’m 61 and consider myself a noob. Nothing wrong with it. It’s called humility. It’s good to admit to yourself and others that you don’t know how much you don’t know. Accepting that knowledge is a sign of maturity.

Aside from firearms, I am involved with motorcycles and have been for many, many years. On the bike forums, being a noob is accepted as motorcycles, just as with firearms, will kill you or others if not properly handled. Having the humility to want to learn from those that know (much) more should be (and in many circles, is) something to be proud of.

Maybe that’s part of the problem, pride. That’s another thing you’re not supposed to ascribe to these days. All too often, feelings get in the way of learning. There is a time and place for feelings. This society seems to have evolved backwards in the past few decades.

7 Likes

Besides, almost all of us stop being noobs after a while. I have been one myself so very many times.

5 Likes

Actually, no.
Ignorant is more insulting and is NOT ‘new and inexperienced’

Ignorant : lacking knowledge or awareness in general; uneducated or unsophisticated.

And you resort to childish insults.

Go back to your MMRPG where you think ‘newbie’ is an insult.

4 Likes

Online games sometimes consider ‘noob’ a derogatory.

Perhaps he has spent far too much time in games…

@OldSchlPunk seems to have provided a very reasonable and logical comment.

4 Likes

No. Just making a point about labels back to my very first comment. Also, actually “ignorant” does have the same meaning according to others’ definition of “newbies”.

1 Like

The personal attacks in this thread are outside of the Community Guidelines. You don’t have to agree with someone else, but personal attacks because someone has a different opinion are not allowed in the Community.

This thread is closed.

1 Like